Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

why spend building,when you can just by a stronger vette?

BLACKTALON

Corvette
1994 ADMARIAL BLUE Z-51 COUPE
Hey guy's all the money spent on superchargers/383 builds and other things to make our cars faster why not jus buy a stronger vette?

Me its the C4 bodystyle. love the C5/6 but the 4 jus says sleezy hot sex on wheels!

BLACKTALON said:
Me its the C4 bodystyle. love the C5/6 but the 4 jus says sleezy hot sex on wheels!

i think that answers it for all of us :upthumbs

BLACKTALON said:

LOL. Ya that pretty much sums it up for me. I would never get rid of my C4!

jimmers said:
LOL. Ya that pretty much sums it up for me. I would never get rid of my C4!

I also look at it like this... Not only do I love the lines but I bought mine for 15k 4 years ago and if I put 10k or 15k into it, it will be as quick as an 06 Z06 but to be honest I am building my setup and it will be as quick as one hopefully NA and with a 150 shot pull one :D

I am building a PRO-STREET 94 with a ground pounding 427 Big Block . Picked up the body last month, already have the motor/tranny and a good 9" to narrow. Going to paint it like a GS. :W

The c4 just feels like a cockpit to me, different than the C5-6.

And hot and Sexy does sum it up pretty good.

For me, part of the build up is the pride and satisfaction that you had a part in it. Any dork can buy a fast car off the "lot". Putting some thought as well as blood, sweat, tears and a lot of cussing has it's due reward. Don't get me wrong, I plan to own a C-5, or maybe a C-6 in the near future. But I won't give up any of my current Vettes for one.

Vettes are like sex. Once you've experienced it, you just want more!

Me to I love my 85, just wish I could find out where the water is leaking into the driver side is coming from

gmhowe said:
Me to I love my 85, just wish I could find out where the water is leaking into the driver side is coming from

I know this is off the original subject, but where is it leaking and when. Mine would leak on the passenger side only going down the road in hard rain. I could flood everything with a garden hose and nothing. I finally sprayed the water up against the bottom corner of the winshield and the water poured in. I haven't repaired it yet,waiting for warmer weather,but it appears to be a windshield leak at the very bottom. Air pressure from the road wind must push it in. Give that a try.

Glenn
:w

Mart said:
The c4 just feels like a cockpit to me, different than the C5-6.

And hot and Sexy does sum it up pretty good.

My family has had Corvette's for many years but when the C4's hit the market, they think they are all quite ugly. And i have to admit i don't long for their style either. I'm not disputing the fact that they have a great cockpit feel or good road handling, but to be honest they are the ugliest corvette ever produced.

Imachad said:
to be honest they are the ugliest corvette ever produced.

I thought the same thing when the C4 hit the street. Wasn't ready for that big of a change in body style. Looked around for a 78 or 82 C3 to buy. Then I found my C4 sitting on the street for sale. Stop and looked hard. Then it hit me. Corvettes before then were sexy to me. But looking real hard at the C4 it just has a sofisticated sexy body. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

corvted said:
I thought the same thing when the C4 hit the street. Wasn't ready for that big of a change in body style. Looked around for a 78 or 82 C3 to buy. Then I found my C4 sitting on the street for sale. Stop and looked hard. Then it hit me. Corvettes before then were sexy to me. But looking real hard at the C4 it just has a sofisticated sexy body. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Hey, i'm not looking to start any fights. And i wholeheartedly agree that the C4 is a sexy car. But it has its own sexappeal. I think the C4 is a lean mean streat fightin' machine. But when i look at my C3 i think of a curvacious pin-up girl. I'm not knockin' the C4's down or trying to incite riots. Look at all the great things that came out of the C4 generation, it was the first step since the early 1960's to bringing back the speed, handling, and performance of the corvette. Look at the C3's like mine that were produced after the gas crisis of the early 70's. My car is a DOG comparitively. But remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

To me, the C4 still gives you a sports car atmosphere with it's road noise, harsh ride and the difficulty of getting in/out of the car. I mean, who gives a damn about whether the cargo area in a 'Vette can hold a set of gold clubs? Who cares if it's loud? I don't need no stinkin' runflats or HUD. :L

Personally, I like creating stuff with sweat, bruises and a lot of cursing instead of creating stuff with a credit card. There is a certain sense of pride that goes into that. Like it was said before, anyone with enough money can buy a car that's fast but it takes some determination to build a car that goes fast, IMO.

BLACKTALON said:
Hey guy's all the money spent on superchargers/383 builds and other things to make our cars faster why not jus buy a stronger vette?

I think because to alot of guys their car holds a special place in their heart. (Good luck ever trying to get that out of them though) I know with my car, i've had it since i was 19, so to just replace it with a faster and stronger vette would not be right. I feel like i would be shooting an old but good dog, in replace of a new puppy. We spend the money, and do the buildups as a labor of love for the cars we adore and cherish.

Imachad said:
But when i look at my C3 i think of a curvacious pin-up girl. beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I can't disagree there. That is what I'm was getting at. To me the C4 was more of the big bare breasted gal with the tong, well you know what I mean. They are all sexy.

:beer

corvted said:
I can't disagree there. That is what I'm was getting at. To me the C4 was more of the big bare breasted gal with the tong, well you know what I mean. They are all sexy.

:beer

Amen Brother.... :beer

Imachad said:
....but to be honest they are the ugliest corvette ever produced.

Funny...If you look a C4 is nothing less then a refined, less curvy, and wider version of a C3...so in a sense you are calling your vette "ugly" since all vettes have something alike with its previous generation.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom