Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Will Hooker headers work on ZZ4 engine (angle heads)?

:w thanks for the post HighlyFanatic, I have a ZZ-383 with the fast burn heads. I just recieved the Hooker side mount headers 3 days ago. I havent installed the motor yet. but the exhaust ports do match good for the engine to header(I checked using the Gaskets)... now about the plugs???? Hmmm I havent bolted the headers up yet but Ill do that tomorrow to see if theres a problem with the plugs. before I try to install the engine. the guy at summit asked about the plugs and said that angel plugs would not work with these headers. I thought they were straight plugs but they just might be angel plugs?:eyerole
by the way at summit I got chrome sidepipe headers for under $1000.00 ,TOTAL. and delivered in 3 days.:beer cant go wrong with this price. . chat later about fit compared concerning plugs.

Chuck-75,
did you check it out with the spark plugs installed? How close is it? Would shorter plugs help out?

1968 vette with ZZ4 and Hooker super compition headers angled plugs

I have the super compition headers ,and my motor is the ZZ4 . My only problem area, was I used two studs on the first pipe, one on each header,, because of the bend in the tube, otherwise uneventfull. They sound good ,and I really like them, be sure to get the glass pack for the muffler, they sound great and make horsepower.

ZZ4 Headers

Yes side pipe headers ,Super compition Hooker headers, on my 1968 Vette Roadster ,and I had no problem . And I do have the ZZ4. I did make a mistake ,I only had to use one stud on the passenger side, inside bend tube (first one) ,and I also used the header bolts with lock keepers ,and a allen head pocket at the head of the bolt, so you can screw them in with the allen wrench ,and tighten with the wrench (1/2" I believe). And like I said the passenger side first tube bends backwards ,and made it hard to get the bolt started so that is why the stud. The bolts I am referring to any speed shop will have them, and the Allen wrench is small ,and not meant to tighten to the correct torque ,just to aid in the installation of the bolt. And my spark plugs are angled . Because of the Aluminum I would recommend Anti seize on the bolts .

Can you take some pics of your setup? I have a ZZ4 and a set of ceramic coated Hooker side pipes with JCL Baffles, but have not gotten them installed yet. I've test fitted them to the engine and it looks like it will work just fine.

"Yes, side pipe headers"

Thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom