Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Will You Be In Line...

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5
C6 Corvette Orders Closed October 19th, 2012; Production of the C6 will Cease February 2013!!

So how many will be lining up to order/purchase the new generation Corvette??

Curious minds and all that :D want to know ;)

Have you found enough information to wet your whistle and get the juices flowing or are you like me, wait a bit and see one first and :Steer one..

Curious minds want to know :happyanim:

Bud

Yoda, you ought to make this a "poll" and see what the numbers are.

As for me, I did not wait for the C7. I got my C6 427 Convertible 60th Anniversary Design Package in the garage.

Yoda, you ought to make this a "poll" and see what the numbers are.

As for me, I did not wait for the C7. I got my C6 427 Convertible 60th Anniversary Design Package in the garage.
I thought I would test the waters first... polls can be so boring :D I like to HEAR what people think or have to say... Polls sometimes are not much more than numbers and the accuracy of that is probably questionable :chuckle

We can switch to or add a Poll, let's see if we get any response :dance

Thanks for the suggestion :thumb

Bud
(I even left my signature off as not to offend anyone ;LOL :happyanim:)

I will wait a couple of years...and pick up one at a much reduced price. I will bet the C7 prices will be prohibitive in the beginning, at least for me! :D

Elaine

I'll be lusting after the new model, but I got a new C6 last May knowing it meant no C7 in the near future. I have no doubt they will be great, and I will want one, but it ain't in the cards. The first year will be a short run, and they will probably be going at list, at least. When the time comes we can start a thread here on CAC to let everyone know if C7 is available in our area. We can just reply with the dealer name and a brief description of the car.

Rich, you traded your C5? Cool. I guess I missed that. What did you get?

On the topic, I won't be lining up to get one either. I'm sure they'll be well above my means.

Rich, you traded your C5? Cool. I guess I missed that. What did you get?

On the topic, I won't be lining up to get one either. I'm sure they'll be well above my means.

A GS. Look in my profile/garage for pics. ;-)

I am thinking prices will be high at the onset.....but I would want another GS down the road and nobody knows what they are going to bring out first. Also I will let them get the first year bugs out of them or even several years of bugs maybe........plus I just really enjoy my C6 GS....I like everything about it, so will run on it for a long while I'm thinking......

C6 Corvette Orders Closed October 19th, 2012; Production of the C6 will Cease February 2013!!

So how many will be lining up to order/purchase the new generation Corvette??

Curious minds and all that want to know

Have you found enough information to wet your whistle and get the juices flowing or are you like me, wait a bit and see one first and one..

Curious minds want to know

Bud

Here's where I am on it. I have faith ;worshipthat the Corvette designers and engineers have once again produced a great car, improving on the shortcomings of the C6. :v I like to order the first year of a new corvette body style unlike most who wait for them to work out the bugs and wait for the second or third year. I have not had one problem in the past doing this and with my 2005 C6 I have not even taken the car back for the recall as it was unnecessary. :thumb But with all of my faith I have concerns over the rear design and especially the rumored Camaro taillights.:puke I also have some concerns over the rumored chrome on the side vents (i really don't think that will happen - hopefully):confused In all liklihood I will order the new C7 unless they have the Camaro lights and chrome side trim. I know the tail has been debated over and over :BDHbut if the designers did that I would be highly disappointed and question the wisdom of an engineer looking to a Camaro for design cues. :crazy Understand I am not bashing the Camaro - it is a great car but it is not a Corvette. Let the Camaro be a Camaro. If I were the chief engineer and a designer said we should use Camaro lights on our totally new Corvette :mad I think that designer and I would have to have a little "prayer session"' and I think they would be transferred to the truck division before the end of the day! :r
So I'm saying "Yes" put me down for a new C7, :happyanim:I still have the faith.... "Unless"....:eyerole

Dadman1950 I like your comments :dance

That is what I was hoping for... folks chiming in and being honest about ordering or purchase of the New Corvette... :thumb

As the new model gets more press and GM starts taking orders, we will add a poll ;)

For now the yes or no and reasons are much more interesting than:
  • Yes differently
  • Undecided
  • Depends on price
  • Never buy the first production year
  • Never buy a New Corvette
  • etc. don't know, don't care yadda, yadda, yadda
;) :w :Steer

Bud

Although as a Corvette fanatic I'm excited about the upcoming release of the C7 :happyanim: I'm not planning to purchase one. . . except perhaps in the 1/18 scale range. :chuckle

I haven't decided yet whether my next Vette purchase will be a late model C5 or early model C6. I've been browsing but just haven't come across "the one" yet. And part of my excitement over the C7, in addition to the obvious reasons, is that its release should cause at least a slight drop in prices, which means I can get what I want for less money.

I'm content to watch the C7 action from the sidelines; members purchasing, driving, critiquing, modding and asking me for help to post photos of them. ;)

:wJane Ann

Oh, if money was no object, I'd love to be able to order a new Corvette. I'm just in position to do that. A teachers retirement isn't THAT good. :L I'll have to sit back and watch fro the new models and wish. The new features of the car have me somewhat concerned. I believe that the secrecy from Chevrolet is a marketing ploy to boost the excitement and get people talking about what it "might be". I'm pretty sure that when it is announced in January that we will be pleased. Of course there's always those who don't like change and won't like it it no matter what. I wasn't particularly enthused about the C6, but it has grown on me and I think I could see myself in one. We really like the orange variations.

Sold my C5 recently, hated too, but had too, as I plan to wait after the first year and buy either the second or third year C7. I never buy anything new on the first version, I much rather wait, and see first what it will look like, second if their are bugs, let them work them out, and third, don't need to be the first on the block to get something new, rather wait, till prices settle and usually Chevy adds a little more in options to keep car fresh after first year. Rumor has it the LT4 (new version) will be released second year of production, I use to own the 1996 LT4 so I think I most likely would like to get the new version of this motor, so I can wait. :thumb

Last edited:
Is that the C7 ?

Well, as the clock keeps ticking towards the countdown, I find myself more absorbed with all things C7!
Even my dreams. I arrive at the local chevy dealer where I am handed a set of keys, and I climb into this black shiny (car?) and it is amazing! I can't describe exactly what it looks like (because it's a dream) very cloudy....but I do like it. And then I wake up, and realize...
I must've been C7 dreaming! I can't wait for the real thing. I'll be in line!:thumb

You've got it bad. Go to your Chevy dealer and get your name on the list. Resistance is futile.:thumb

I hear folks talking about first year issues, and tend to agree. But, as I look back, I owned 2 very early production Vettes, one an 84, and one an 05. I flogged both of those within an inch of their lives without issues. The 84 ran solo1, solo2 and hill climbs thirty plus times a season for three seasons with NO issues. The 05 was lightly modded and run at the drag strip for three years in the Phoenix heat with no problems. So I have to rethink the first-year paradigm.

The 05 did spin a crank bolt, but that was an assembly issue related to faulty tooling, and could have happened to any LS car.

Last edited:
Like Catbert I also have had two first year Corvettes with no issues at all. :D I still have the 2005 and it has been flawless. :thumb Haven't even had to take the car back for the roof recall. But I do have some reservations about the first year C7 based on the completely new engine, the direct injection and new engine plumbing I don't think I would jump in on an early C7. :eek:hnoes I'd be too concerned about durability of the engine, particularly issues that could arise from lubrication problems on a completely new engine design. I hope my judgement outweighs my emotions on this because I still want to jump in!!:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom