Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

window motor replace!!!

Jim B

Corvette
1974 L82 Grey coupe
Hi all.
Need to replace pass. motor. Need help with the process. I already have the panel and motor cover off. I'd like step by step inst. so I don't screw it up or make it harder than it should be!I know ther is an issue with the spring etc. Thanks for any help.

See http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96248

You don't need to do all that if you are just replacing the motor. Regulator does not have to come out. Remove panel. Remove access hatch. Look for the place on the regulator were a bolt can go through. Put a nut and bolt in. This keeps the regulator from collapsing under the pressure of the spring when you remove the motor. I think its 3 or 4 bolts that hold the motor in place. remove them. The motor should pop out.

Warning!!!! Don't remove the motor without securing the regulator with a bolt. The whole thing will spring down on you. If you have a finger in there you could loose it.

Jim

Thanks, I was told the whole thing had to come out. Have a great day!
Jim

Thanks, I was told the whole thing had to come out. Have a great day!
Jim

Its a bit tight. You'll need to reach in there and get to the bolts. Look at the picture in that other link. see the 3 bolts? Obviously you won't get that view on yours because the picture shows the skin off. But you will need to reach around the motor to get to the bolts.

Now if you want to change the spring....thats a different storey.

Jim

I'm gonna work on it tomorrow. Thanks again. Let you know how it goes.
Jim

Jim,
My window motor replacement went without a hitch today. It works better than the drivers side. Thanks again for your help.
Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom