Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Window question

J

just me

sorry about the lameness of these questions but figure won't know unless you ask and maybe some one has an answer or solution.

the 04 i purchased has hasd the vertical door kit done to it, it seems like the windows do not seal real well at the top corner, both doors, this is not a good thing when you live in rain country, questions are this:
1) is this a normal flaw do to having the removeable roof panel?
2) is this cause by the vertical kit and if so are the windows adjustable?
3) would duct tape make my vette look cheap?
thanks again

I have a Y2K coupe.
I find that if I dont watch out when replacing the top the rubber seal gets distorted in the rear corner. This creates a huge and very visible gap. I just reinstall and carefully place the top on the seal. It seems to me that the vertical doors need some adjustment. as i recall they swing inward when closing and seal that way. So you need to adjust it. ..........YES normal duct tape would look cheap, however if it matched the car it would look great.;LOL

sorry about the lameness of these questions but figure won't know unless you ask and maybe some one has an answer or solution.

the 04 i purchased has hasd the vertical door kit done to it, it seems like the windows do not seal real well at the top corner, both doors, this is not a good thing when you live in rain country, questions are this:
1) is this a normal flaw do to having the removeable roof panel?
2) is this cause by the vertical kit and if so are the windows adjustable?
3) would duct tape make my vette look cheap?
thanks again
Duct tape on a vette????;LOL:rotfl:boogie

Duct tape on a vette????;LOL:rotfl:boogie

As you can see we've got some jokesters around here! :L All in good fun. :thumb

Actually, I think it's one of the Corvette Commandments... Thou shalt not use duct tape on thou Corvette. ;)

Sorry I can't answer your questions but I'm totally unfamiliar with the vertical door kits. Hopefully you'll get a response from someone who knows a bit more about them.

:wJane Ann

It's not Duct Tape ;squint: on a Vette it's called 200MPH performance tape and it sells for $39.95 ;LOLa roll.

Now to lambo style door kits. Since the closing part of door travel is same as factory there should be no sealing problem. If when closed the door has a equal gap and looks aligned than the only reason for gap could be either the weather strip or the glass alignment. First check the condition of the rubber weather strip and if that looks good there is some adjustment that can be done to the window. There are quite few posts describing the procedure if you do the search.
:welcome

As you can see we've got some jokesters around here! :L All in good fun. :thumb

Actually, I think it's one of the Corvette Commandments... Thou shalt not use duct tape on thou Corvette. ;)

Sorry I can't answer your questions but I'm totally unfamiliar with the vertical door kits. Hopefully you'll get a response from someone who knows a bit more about them.

:wJane Ann
Jane Ann is right just thought you would get a kick out of it welcome:upthumbs this is a great forum where you can get great help from great people and have some fun .I hope you get it fixed the doors look sweet ,Joe

i can take all the crap you can dish out but just be prepared to have some slinged back. I believe the problem is in how I put the glass top on after I removed it for the first time, thanks to the NJLOUC for the advise will try it out tuesday. Just drove back to CA to get the correct paper work so I could get title so I can title it in my home state, so far in a week I have racked up 2000 plus miles.

well today I tried to realign the top, took if completely off and reinstalled, then went to hand wash dealer. GOT water inside AGAIN. I am going to have to take her to a shop to see what or were I am going wrong, this vette only has 19000 and a few miles and I just put 2000 of those on myself, so think the weather stripping in going to be in good shape. I know this is stupid put those should not be allowing any water inside, I mean I can under stand water leaks on the convertiblel but a glass hardtop it should seal, right??? Anyone else going water inside when they wash it or go into a heavy rain storm. Thanks for the welcome and puttin up with me, BTW how many or is there any members from the pacific northwest?
JM

well today I tried to realign the top, took if completely off and reinstalled, then went to hand wash dealer. GOT water inside AGAIN. I am going to have to take her to a shop to see what or were I am going wrong, this vette only has 19000 and a few miles and I just put 2000 of those on myself, so think the weather stripping in going to be in good shape. I know this is stupid put those should not be allowing any water inside, I mean I can under stand water leaks on the convertiblel but a glass hardtop it should seal, right??? Anyone else going water inside when they wash it or go into a heavy rain storm. Thanks for the welcome and puttin up with me, BTW how many or is there any members from the pacific northwest?
JM
Hi i was at a corvette show looking at the verticle doors last year and was told if that if they are not aligned just right they will cause leaks I own 2 vettes one is a 1998 convert 0 leaks and the 66 no leaks do your doors close with out any gaps if not do you have room to adjust them ? Maybe a good body shop can help just my 2cents hope it helps

just wondering did the 04 have a lexar / plexi glass smoked type top on it, a person that is going to look it over for me, says it is an after market glass top and there was never anything mentioned about it from the prevoious owner when I purchased it.
JM

The "glass" top on my Y2K is smoke plastic. I have the two top option, which is a hard top and a "glass" - smoke plastic top. I think that if you got only one top you could have the choice of either.
Check the build sheet on your glove box door to find the top configuration.

cc3 - blue "glass" option
cf7 - base roof
cl2 - dual roof panels

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom