Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Windshield decal, no more

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
Contacted ted to find out about purchasing another Callaway windshield decal since I might have to replace the windshield due to pitting, and was told it was Reeves decision not to sell them anymore, so hang on to what you got. I'm going to a sign maker/painter in my area to see if he can reproduce it. Can't be too hard if he uses the old one for reference

second.jpg

They can't be too hard to duplicate, it's just block style lettering on vinyl. the same person I had put a replacement one on my car said there would be no problem making up a new one, and I think it's going to be a lot cheaper than getting it form Callaway anyway, last time I checked they wanted 65 bucks for it

It is my understanding that a certain high profile person would be pretty ****ed off to see one of these on a Corvette... I've been told they are for trucks. No further comment. ;LOL

90Callaway said:
It is my understanding that a certain high profile person would be pretty ****ed off to see one of these on a Corvette... I've been told they are for trucks. No further comment. ;LOL

Are you saying the Callaway decal for the windshield is for trucks, I'm confused :confused

supernatural400 said:
Are you saying the Callaway decal for the windshield is for trucks, I'm confused :confused

Yes, that is what I am saying. This is what I've been told. Personally, I don't see why it matters though.

Perhaps you could dispute this based on the fact you've purchased one before (at least I think that's what you said). Did it fit exactly as if cut for the C4 windshield or did it require cutting?

It originally came from Callaway with that decal, I had to replace it when I bought the car because it was bubbling. I believe 95callaway also had one put on his car from them also. I just bought one from them two years ago, but I think at that point there were running low as it took about 2 weeks to get it. I don't think there made in house but they get them made from a vendor, maybe the cost is too much just to order one or two. Not sure why Reeves decided not to sell them anymore. Maybe I'll fire off and Email to him to inquire as to why

I have had the decal on my car since 1999. Unfortunately I had to remove it to pass inspection- never had to do that before. I never gave a thought that they would not be selling them anymore. It's a shame, because I think it sets the car off just that much more. There is no mistaking what kind of vette it is with that on the windshield.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom