Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Windshield Wipers - Strange Problem

Had some real nice weather today, so I checked those 3 drain hoses....they are all completely empty! And while I was there, I let the car idle and run for a bit and the wipers started moving again, then shut off, then stated moving again and didnt stop until i shut the car down. What the hell is going on?? :confused:confused

I'm not waiting to be the bearer of bad news, but you have a bad wiper contols modual ! Time for professional help.;help

I'm not waiting to be the bearer of bad news, but you have a bad wiper contols modual ! Time for professional help.;help

Ugh....any idea of what that would run?

I'm not an expert, but I would venture this is a $150.00 to $325.00?

That was my guess too....one more question...is it something i can replace myself(easy to get to)?

That was my guess too....one more question...is it something i can replace myself(easy to get to)?

I would have say yes, but I haven't done this job myself. Also there is a excellant outlet for parts, www.buy-oem-parts.com I'm sure there a a lot of talented guys and gals here at CAC who could advise you on how to change the wiper unit.:)

I would have say yes, but I haven't done this job myself. Also there is a excellant outlet for parts, www.gm.oem.parts.com I'm sure there a a lot of talented guys and gals here at CAC who could advise you on how to change the wiper unit.:)

Thanks for the link and thanks again for your help :upthumbs Hopefully someone will chime in and provide a way to change the piece.

Thanks for the link and thanks again for your help :upthumbs Hopefully someone will chime in and provide a way to change the piece.

Sorry, I gave you the wrong link, It is www.buy-oem-parts.com

Well the good news is the motor unit is $183.95, regular price is $292.91 Now if you can get a hold of a service manual. Good luck !

Sorry, I gave you the wrong link, It is www.buy-oem-parts.com

Well the good news is the motor unit is $183.95, regular price is $292.91 Now if you can get a hold of a service manual. Good luck !

Yea, i saw that now, but thats ok. Thanks again :)

I dont know anyone who has a service manual for this car....is there a resource online I can use to change this out myself? Oh and, i need the ENTIRE motor??

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom