Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winter in the North, what do you do??

Crank up the kerosene heater in the garage on the weekends and go play with the toys . Dave :w

:bar

I have a wood stove so it does ok till the temp gets down to about 10 degrees and then it only warms the backside when you back up to it. Right now we just finished getting another 6 inches of the white stuff and they will never quit sanding the roads. Usually we can't venture out till May.:eyerole

I have got a lot of work done on the beast though. I have replaced all of the half shaft U joints since one was bad. I also replaced the rear spring and all of the rear rubbers. They were wasted. Now I have all of my detail supplies on order along with a buffer (UDM) so that I can see if I can bring back the 30 year old paint. I went to the body shop and got an old hood to experment on. It use to be on the wifes car till she hit a deer last spring.:W I am going to replace all of the belts, mufflers and rear "Y" pipe since I discovered a hole after I put it all back in the car and that should do it for this year, maybe.;shrug Next year we will work over the front end since the rubbers are cracking.
:beer

I spend my time buying parts and planning projects. Projects get started in early April....I try to get them done by June 1. This spring I will pull out the rear end, refurbish the trailing arms, do new shocks, new composite spring, new u joints, etc. Then probably new exhaust.....from the manifolds back. Some minor projects in the interior and finish up the VB&P front end with new tubular upper arms. If I get the AC to work I swear I will take the old girl on the road for a couple of days....with my other old girl..........:chuckle

Going to Phoenix in January for a week and Las Vegas in February to help shorten the winter..........

We had 60s this week and about 3 inches of rain to wash away all of the snow and salt. I took advantage of the rare sunny day today and went for a drive.

Tom

Saw a nice red C4 on the road here in Worcester this morning. Temps are very mild, but we're expecting about 6" of snow tonight. I'm hoping it stays warm enough to rain instead.

For those of us in the north what do you do when there is a foot or more of snow on the ground and any road trips are out of the question for at least 4-5 more months. :eyerole

Over here we have to wait for all of the road salts to work there way off the road. (usually the middle of May)

Keep it clean
:beer

I try not to think of the down time(bummer). We don't get that much snow in Philly, so I can get the car out on weekends. I wish I could drop the top more often.I think it's going to be 60deg today but I've got honeydew time.

more snow on its way.

Last night the exhaust system came off so its officially on stands and getting ready for its makeover.

I just went to check on the hubby, its very quiet down there, no radio blaring no sounds of tools and he is ....ASLEEP! haha.

So maybe the fluids won't be drained out tonight after all.

I have seen a lot of vettes on the road as well. I would think that folks up North would want to, if nothing else, save the miles and have a second hand car to beat on. Thats my plan and I'm sticking to it.

Greetings!
Its during these snow covered, fridged months I have hobbies.
I'm slowly removing interior trim from my 70 and restoring them.
In addition, I like to tinker with my Choo-choo's. You can never be too
old to act like a kid.

I have started on a couple of the "inside" projects my boss wants me to do. That way I will have more garage time available come spring......:D

.........I hope............;squint:

I moved from Texas to Chicago and all I owner was a 78 and a 96 LT4. I drove the 96 year round because I didn't have a choice. Got to watch the front spoiler in the snow though! I finally gave up and sold the 96 to get a 4X4 which was more practical. GUESS WHAT.......they gave me a transfer back to Texas!!! Boy I wish I had that LT4 now. On the upside, I got married and she had her own 96.

You'd be suprised how well it did handle on the snow. Much better than the camaros and mustangs that I'd see out at the same time.

Now, having fun in God's country!

N-scale model railroading....

My latest project is another train in a coffee table. Here is a first look-
IMG_1406.jpg

Track work completed and planted some trees...
IMG_1433.jpg

The ballast is going down...
IMG_1451.jpg

Makes me want to get out the old American Flyers again.

Damn!!! I haven't done anything like that since I was a kid!!!!
the fun I had though!!!!
very nice job!!!!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom