Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winter Project Phase 3 Almost Complete, Engine Bay Restoration

91-Vetteman

Corvette
1991 Blue Coupe
Just want to let you know I am still working at it !! The engine bay cleanup is taking a long time. I have been doing the engine bay area in small sections, that was the only way I could figure out how to get it done. I read several emails on the site about taking your time and I am listening to that advice. I do not plan on doing this again on this vehicle.

Attached are a couple of pics of the progress I have made so far. I am thinking another 2 full days on the engine bay area and I will be ready to drop the engine back in the car. As you can see in the picture of my new Dewitt's radiator, my wife is even letting me bring car parts into the house.

Based on reading posts on this website, I am going to install the radiator first, then the engine. This will be reverse of how I removed things, I took the radiator out first then the engine.

Still shooting for taking her out for a nice ride in April, probably the end of April !! I am ready !!

Looking great! I think you have just enough of a winter in Va. to be able to get this kind of stuff done. I'm a bit farther south and I hate to get started on anything that takes my baby off the road for any length of time. There is always a few days to cruise down here. I did just order new shocks and some bushings as well as the wood dash kit. Gettin' her ready for show season. Good luck putting the engine back in. I know it's going to look great.

Looks great John!! I see while your wife was away you made good use of the bookcase to snap that cool picture of the radiator:D

I used this stuff on my firewall last year when I was doing the same thing as you, made the car fun to drive on a hot day rather than leaving it in the garage.

http://www.lizardskin.com/pages/ceramic.php

You're doing a nice job!

Hey Sharkcar !! Very observant !! That is on my list of items to complete prior to engine installation. Every time I cross something off of my list, it seems I add 2 or 3 more items !!

I am ready to take this this thing for a ride !!!

John, looks Great! Wish I had the time and gear to do a project like this in my garage. I will get it done at some point though. Like you said, "Every time I cross something off of my list, it seems I add 2 or 3 more items !!"

very nice job...look sharp!!!! :upthumbs :beer

Wow !!! nice job man !.

When your done. post pictures with the engine in the car so we can see the finished product.

Good job man

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom