Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winter Projects, Whats yours?

Hmmmmmmmmm fix a air leak on the passenger side T-Top replace the heater control,and do a real good detail on her.And get two of my three corvairs running again.

Started my winter project last night. removed the spare tire carrier and cleaned and painted it back to original looks. Starting on rebuilding the power streeing tonight. Then heat barrier under the carpet next.

So how are the Winter project going?

My project was to replace the interior, but as usual once you start something it turns into more than you bargined for. I discovered that the windshield posts were rusted so that had to be fixed by cutting out the rust, then bending and welding in new metal.
With that done I took out both dash panels and replaced all the dash lights, took apart the odometer which never worked since I've had the car, and found a stripped gear, Dr. Rebuild had everything I needed to rebuilt it. One more thing done. Puting the dash pad back in is a fun job, you wonder how Chevy got all those wires in back there.
Next took out all the interior trim, carpet etc. and cleaned everything.
Just now begining to put things back together. Here are a few pictures of how its going.

Hope everyone is fun with their projects.:crazy:beer

My project hasn't even started yet as the weather in the middle of Indiana didn't get to "salt" until the last couple of weeks. I kept putting off doing anything that would keep from from rolling out of the garage. Maybe now I can get projects started. But it has been fun.

:upthumbs Thanks for the update Tony :D

I always love to see someone that DOES IT RIGHT the first time ;) I've been down that road, and sometimes I kind of miss working on stuff that you can step away from the work and saying "Oh Yea... that's What I'm Talking About" :upthumbs

Bud

Plan to get the 74 vert back from the painter and put all new interior in. Hopfully drive it some this summer. :boogie
:w

this..been my summer, winter fall and spring project for the last 6 years:

roller2.jpg

roller12.jpg

kirkey3.jpg

Hey Scott, I think I'm going to attempt replacing my passenger side rear spindle and bearings. Van Mill's have the press etc, so I'll probably take my bearing support out (with spindle) and head to St Charles. Probably do this in March, guess I better order those parts now!

I've been busy building a baby crib and the car has taken 2nd place ;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom