Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wiper Door Problem.

Flared69

Corvette
1969 350ci #36155
Hello there everyone.

So I finally got around to fixing up my headlights, they now go up and down in totally cool vacuum enduced slowmotion (woohoo!!! :D). So now I can drive at night.

And I got the wiper door partially working. Partially as in:

Wiper door will not go up. When I tell it to go up, you can see it nudge a little, as if it wants to go up, but for some reason, just hasn't got the balls to do it.

Wiper door will go down (after being forced up) when i slide the slider back to the off position.

The wipers work, but not when I slide the slider to the right (this doesn't stop them from working though), only with the wiper override under the steering wheel. The slider appears to be functional for the wiper door although it's not going up (though it is trying).

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

--Nik.

Flared69 said:
Hello there everyone.

So I finally got around to fixing up my headlights, they now go up and down in totally cool vacuum enduced slowmotion (woohoo!!! :D). So now I can drive at night.

And I got the wiper door partially working. Partially as in:

Wiper door will not go up. When I tell it to go up, you can see it nudge a little, as if it wants to go up, but for some reason, just hasn't got the balls to do it.

Wiper door will go down (after being forced up) when i slide the slider back to the off position.

The wipers work, but not when I slide the slider to the right (this doesn't stop them from working though), only with the wiper override under the steering wheel. The slider appears to be functional for the wiper door although it's not going up (though it is trying).

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

--Nik.
Sounds like the vacuum relay is leaking on one side (the "up" port, if you will) and needs cleaning, rebuild or replacement. I sprayed a bunch of Silicone spray in all of mine which cleaned them out and seemed to rejuvenate the rubber. They have been working fine for two years now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom