Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WIPER OVERRIDE LIGHT??? 68' Vette

Edlanta

Just installed a new stereo and a oil pressure gage fitting & pressure line. Put everything back together and when I started the car the wiper cowl opened up and the wiper override warning light went on. Did I get into something under the hood or dash that may have caused this? Where is this override located for the wipers? Also, now the wipers do not work and the wiper motor got hot as hell. I did find a broken black wire next to the wiper motor which I believe is going to a limit switch mounted on the firewall. The wire plugging into the other side is brown if that helps to determine what it is. Thanks in advance for you help!
ED.

Thanks for all the help.
The problem was a poor ground due to a broken trim panel that houses the gauges and wiper switch. I grounded the switch and the wipers work fine. Hope this helps someone else who has this problem or may get it in the future.

My 68 wipers don't work at all, I'm hoping its a bad ground also. I will be going the new stereo route as well if I can find time to do it.;LOL

My 68 is the same color as yours. I like it in blue. If your trim is broken at the thin sections between the gages and the wiper switch mounts than that is the place to start. I just ran a ground wire from the switch mounting screw to a ground on the gage cluster below it. works fine now...:)
Good luck!

I suspect it is a bad ground since the dash lights and most of the gages don't work. I have a new aftermarket bezel with some custom gages and a CD player to put in it someday. ;LOL
The gages have a blue face with red pointers and "Bossvette" printed on the face, when I get it done I'll post some pictures.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom