Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wiper replacement question

jrogensk

Corvette
1993 Torch Red Coupe
A while ago I replaced the wiper blades with Anco blades (the entire blade, not just the inserts). Shortly afterward I noticed that the hood was catching the top of the arm when I turned the wipers on or off. I tried adjusting the hood but it is at the end of the adjustment range and still catching the wipers. It is also very noticable that the hood is sitting too high.

Unfortunately I tossed the originals after I replaced them. Is there an aftermarket brand that will fit properly or do I need to go back to the original style?

Thanks

I buy mine from Chris May at Superior Chevy. 1-800-728-8267

Tell him Gregory from Chicago told you. And be sure to mention Corvette Action Center to get a very good discount!

SAVE THE :w

I have not found an after market blade that clears the C4 hood. I buy factory blades when needed.

Btw, the '95/'96 arm and blade have more pressure points and clean the windshield better but you have to buy the arm as well as the blade.

That is true! But, the wiper arms are no longer available from Chevy. Ask me how I know! :D

You would have to find used arms. They are bent differently and really do a great job!

That is true! But, the wiper arms are no longer available from Chevy. Ask me how I know! :D

You would have to find used arms. They are bent differently and really do a great job!

Good thing I bought my 95/96 arms a long time ago. :)
Guess a good recycling yard would be the place to go for the arms then.

I’ve had good dealings with Taber Corvette Parts.

http://www.tabercorvetteparts.com/

The ’95-’96 wipers were a very good redesign. They keep the blades on the glass nicely, as mentioned, they have additional pressure points.

B17Crew
:w

Thanks everyone. I will try to find the '95/'96 arms. I was at the gas station when I decided to change the blades. I didn't even think to keep the old ones just in case.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom