Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wire Identification

F

ffcagle34

Hey fellas,
I have a 73 with no A/C. I am trying to id a wire that does not have a home and my wiring diagram does not help. Here is what I have:

Tan wire from the main harness leads to a plastic 2 prong female connector. From this connector is the green wire that goes to temp. guage on the passenger side of engine block.
Any help and wire id resources would be soooooo appreciated.

The tan wire originally went from the TCS solenoid connector to the idle stop solenoid on the carburetor, and the sender in the passenger side cylinder head (green wire) controls the operation of the TCS system (no vacuum to the distributor vacuum advance unless the car is in high gear, overheating, or hasn't warmed up yet).

:beer

That kinda went over my pea brained head, but since it is not hooked up is it safe to say I don't need it or should I try to re-establish a connection?
Thanks

not my head by the way....the wire :)

Most guys who have cars with TCS bypass it anyway so the distributor gets full manifold vacuum all the time; won't hurt anything to leave it disconnected.

tan and black is also the air door solenoid wire that runs throught the core support up the hood to the solenoid...isnt the tcs wire harness off the "main engine" harness? the temp (green wire) is off of the headlight (forward) harness....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom