Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wires not hooked up near distributer ?

goldenc4

Corvette
1984 Gold Coupe
Hi,The tach on my 1984 C4 is not working correctly. In a previous post there was mention of filter near dist. After looking around I found this wire "A" with two connectors hooked to what looks like a condensor "B" on the intake. Should these be hooked to anything? If so where?
Thanks ahead of time.
Jim

Hi,The tach on my 1984 C4 is not working correctly. In a previous post there was mention of filter near dist. After looking around I found this wire "A" with two connectors hooked to what looks like a condensor "B" on the intake. Should these be hooked to anything? If so where?
Thanks ahead of time.
Jim
Not working correctly,or not working at all??That wire should be plugged in where it says TACH on the distributer,by the big red wire!:thumb My guess is that the filter is bad and someone un-plugged the Tach!!:D:D:D

Thanks for the quick response. Tach lights up when I start the car goes all the way up and then returns to zero and stays there. Is what I am calling a condensor the filter?

Thanks for the quick response. Tach lights up when I start the car goes all the way up and then returns to zero and stays there. Is what I am calling a condensor the filter?
Yep!!:thumbThats all a Tach filter is,is a Condenser!! But it's probly different micro-farid than a ignition condenser!;shrug;shrug;shrug

A OK!
Hooked up wire "A" under dist cap and now tach works! More evidence of where the the chimps have been prior to me getting the car.
Thanks for the help. This site is awsome!

Something like; someone replaced the rotor and coil and stuff and forgot to reconnect it.
And then started grumbling about why the damn tach stopped working...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom