Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wiring harness problem..

Corvette
1975 Red on RED Coupe
How's it going guys? It's been a while but I am now back to work on my vette. My recent challenge is to install new wiring harnesses. Everything was going fine until the engine harness. I have a purple wire which is for the starter interlock relay. My engine is not the original and the guy before me was how should I put it,... Creative in some of his choices. Does anyone out there know where this relay is suppose to be? Could anyone download or email me some pics of a 75 engine compartment showing the way the wiring is suppose to look? and a last note I have been using the assemby manual and the drawings aren't very clear as to what this wire is suppose to connect to. Thanks in advance Wicky

HELLO, if you're reffering to the seat belt interlock. it is located on the passenger side just above the a/c blower housing. look at some of my previous postings for info on by-passing it. worked for me to eliminate starting problems.

robin

Robin, My vette came originally without the seat belt interlock. The exact problem I'm having is there is a 12 gauge purple wire on the engine harness which connects to something at the AC blower housing in the engine comartment. The wiring diagram shows it splitting at this point and one side going to the starter selenoid and the other going to the starter override interlink relay. best I can tell I am missing the relay( unless it is incorporated in the nuetral safety switch) and the wires that originally served this pupose. I know this is a tough problem but I thought here would be where to find the answers. The harness on yours should be the same. If you get a moment, Take a look near the blower for a larger purple wire and see where it goes. Thanks, Wicky

HELLO, i looked on my vette. the purple wire is covered in tape.i did trace it in my chevrolet manual. it goes toan interlock relay in the instument panel. i am guessing that puts it behind the dash panel(s). maybe later i'll crawl under the dash. you have me curious now also.

ROBIN

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom