Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

With much regret

tyrel

I've had this car for only a month and I'm ready to sell it. I have been fortunate to have been a part of Corvette Action Center for many years but it's time for me to move on to another kind of car.

First of all, I have owned and enjoyed Corvettes for years. When the C6 came out I was kind of iffy on the styling until I saw one in person, and then I HAD to have one. So I saved my pennies and finally bought a used one this year. As much as I drove and enjoyed my 89 Corvette, I have grown to dislike my C6.

The drivers seat cracks and pops as you drive around, the dealer says it's the leather seat covers rubbing against the plastic and there's nothing they can do. The roof panel pops, dealer says it's normal. The outside temp gauge never worked properly, was always 20 degrees off or so, dealer replaced outside temp sensor with a brand new one and it still doesn't work. The door panel buzzes and rattles whenever the car is in motion or the stereo is on. There is a distinct shudder in the automatic transmission at low speeds, dealer says they talked to the engineers at the plant and it's normal but my 89 NEVER did this. I can't adjust the twilight sentinel, the headlights come on after I've already parked in my underground garage space, it's kind of irritating (why even offer the accessory if you can't adjust the delay?). Cruise control is always one MPH off, a minor annoyance but my 89 coupe was NEVER off, if you set it to 60MPH, boy it stayed there.

I will say I love the power and the smooth ride, it is light years ahead of my 89 in terms of handling, but the build quality of this car is awful. If you're going to make and sell a $50,000 car, shouldn't it NOT squeak or rattle?

This car has only 4,000 miles on it, it still smells new inside but you couldn't tell it's new by driving it. The car is gorgeous, I love the pointy front end, but the whole thing is a beautiful disaster. I test drove a G35 coupe the other day, it was as tight as a drum, no rattles, no squeaks, transmission shifted perfectly. I must say I am very disappointed in the C6. I never, ever thought I would say this in fifteen years of owning Corvettes, but I've really had it this time, no more for me. It was nice knowing all of you.

Sorry to hear about the problems your having with the ride. But let me tell you brother...you have an exception and not the norm. Maybe thats why it was being offered for sale to begin with. There are always a few made that end up with constant problems....others that have zero problems. Mine was born December 13th 2005, I have 21,000 miles and zero problems.
Forget the G35 and buy yourself a new vette and enjoy. Dont comit the henious crime of driving something else. :beer

Sorry to hear about all your problems tyrel, but as BlackZ51Vett stated, this is NOT the norm.

I have bought 2 new '07's and both of them are perfect!!!

6gwk6xs.jpg

Don't heap all C6's into one lot. It sounds like you got burnt on your used one and I'm sorry for that.

Hecox

I'm sorry to hear your bad experiences, tyrel. I don't think too many people would be accepting of this no matter what brand of car. Good luck on your next car. :w

What's a G35?

HOLY CRAP, call LUTZ, tyrel's cruise control is off by 1 whole mile per hour! Just how accurate do you think the speedo is, anyway. This sounds like "buyers remorse" more than anything else. You are making excuses. Enjoy your G35. :puke

I'm on my 2nd C6, and haven't had any of your problems, except the roof, which was repaired correctly. If you are that unhappy with your new car, dump it and get the ricer.:) Do what feels good, but the G35 is a sedan in coupe clothing. If that will make you happy, go for it. Wait for the next model (37 series), coming out any time now - more power, but still not a sportscar.

Wow! The C6 has more squeaks and rattles than an 80's Vette?!? I find this pretty hard to believe considering my experience with my C4. While there may be some buzzes or rattles that make you unhappy I would find it pretty incredible that they were worse than a C4. Certainly try another car. Personally I can't wait to get my hands on a C6.

Leon

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom