Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wobbly wheel ?

K

ksems

Hi all,

Long time no post :)

Anyhow , went to get my cars emission testing( passed ) and they put it on a dyno type machine where the rear wheels spin.
I noticed that my left rear seemed to be a little wobbly.
Not major , but not un-noticable either.
I couldnt get around to see the right one.
I havent noticed or heard any problem with the back end.
What is this an indication of? Wheel bearings? :(

Thanks
Always waving,
Kevin

Wheebles Whobble but they Don't Fall Down

Kevin,
This could be something as simple as wheel balance, or tread on the tire itself being untrue. You can jack the rear end up and do the 9-3 and the 12-6 wheel movement test, to check bearing and spindles, also check U-Joints. There should be minimal movement either direction.

If you haven't noticed a shimmie or "bouncing" when driving it may be just starting to have a problem, Hope others come up with some idea's (I'm sure they will ;) ). Good Luck and keep us posted what you discover.
BudD
:w

Wheel wobble

Kevin: Check the simple and easy things first. Make sure all lug nuts are tight. Like BudD says be sure it's not the tire tread giving the illusion the wheel is wobbling. Jack it up and check for play. Drive it slowly with the window open and listen for any strange noises. Have someone follow you to check both rear wheels before you do anything major. The best way to determine the problem is by a process of elimination starting with the logical and easy things first.

Al :)

Yea, What they said............I have noticed alot of "not so round" tires. They really don't seem to cause a problem, they just look funny. But I would check the bearings and u-joints for looseness. And check for noises. Good luck.........Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom