Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wondering if you should tackle a major project?

richscorvettes said:
Mark,

It was good to see you again as well. I hope you got to take some good pictures as we didn't get a chance to get around quite as much as we would have liked.

After that little parade drive on Sunday afternoon the 67 now looks like it has been through the dust bowl - side exhausts are great but they seem to do a great job at blowing every trace of dust everywhere! :L

Just let me know what you have for questions on your project.

Rich
As a matter of fact I did take quite a few pic's. I also took some of you and the 67 which I'll post on the forum as well as email them to you for your web site.

As far as side pipes....we got hammered by them all week end long as cars with them drove up and down Row "E" and the main drag. Dust..Grass..Pebbles and all kinds of gack flying all over the place. :L

But...love that sound...!!!:beer

Mark,

Yes, it's hard to beat that sound. :D We went to a cruise night a couple of weeks ago where they had just mowed the grass. When we drove through the field it looked like we had a couple of weed wackers on each side of the car! :L

Rich

richscorvettes said:
Mark,

Yes, it's hard to beat that sound. :D We went to a cruise night a couple of weeks ago where they had just mowed the grass. When we drove through the field it looked like we had a couple of weed wackers on each side of the car! :L

Rich

that would have made a great video!
LOL

never thought of it until your post, but maybe I can use my '65 with the sidepipes to blow away the grass on the driveway and walk after I mow the lawn
Would allow me double use of the car and could get rid of the leafblower in the garage
:L

Rich,

I can relate so well to your worse-case project view. I think I'm now at phase 10, having gone through the previous 9 phases almost exactly as you presented them above. To this point, I realize that I have been working off of an idea, and not really a plan. My visit to Carlisle last weekend made me realize a few things: 1. I have a lot to learn; 2. I really have a lot to learn, and 3. It's hot as hell in the northeast! I left the fairgrounds overwhelmed, depressed and suffering a mild case of heat stroke, wondering if my car would bring more money parted out or if I would need to reassemble it. I have since recovered my sanity (well, sort of) and vow to finish my project no matter how long it takes or how much it costs. Now, I'm back to square 1 (not phase 1) and developing a detailed plan. Funny thing is... you offered this advice when I first contacted you and I didn't follow it. Big mistake.

By the way, I really looked forward to meeting you in person, but didn't find you Friday. I planned to come back on Saturday, but a family emergency arose and I had to fly out early morning. Perhaps next year.

Wes

Wes,

Well, that scenerio is just an attempt to lighten what, at some points during a project, may seem to be insurmountable problems. Hopefully you can avoid getting into Step 11. :D Take a look at the upcoming article in the December, 2004 issue of Corvette Fever for some serious suggestions on project planning.

I hope the family emergency worked out okay. We plan to be at Carlisle next year so maybe we can catch one another then. Best of luck with your project.

Rich

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom