Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: World's first Corvette Stingray convertible sells for $1 million

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
World's first Corvette Stingray convertible sells for $1 million

By David Undercoffler
April 5, 2013, 4:48 p.m.
Los Angeles Times

attachment.php

A pre-production Chevrolet Corvette Stingray convertible at Friday's Barrett-Jackson auction in Palm Beach, Fla.
Proceeds from the sale will go to the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute. (Barrett-Jackson / April 5, 2013)

No stranger to auctioning off rare cars for charity, Barrett-Jackson on Friday afternoon sold the world’s first 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray convertible for $1 million, including commission.

The car’s new owner is no stranger to charity auctions either.

NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick won the bidding at Barrett-Jackson’s Palm Beach, Fla., auction, which runs through Saturday. Hendrick paid $1.1 million at a January auction for the world’s first production Corvette C7 Stingray coupe.

Full Story: World's first Corvette Stingray convertible sells for $1 million - latimes.com

Attachments

• la-fi-hy-autos-corvette-stingray-convertible-a-001.jpg
    la-fi-hy-autos-corvette-stingray-convertible-a-001.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 112
I figured he woud buy it and that would be the price. He already had the coupe so he would need to have the convertible to be next to it

You think everyone who pays the $500 administrative fee on their Hendrick new car purchase knows they are contributing to the greatest Corvette collection in America? ;LOL

At least with Hendrick you know the money is spent on Corvettes what do these other dealers spend that admin fee on ,, maybe a new yacht or mansion, I dont know of a dealer that doesnt have this fee anymore

At least with Hendrick you know the money is spent on Corvettes what do these other dealers spend that admin fee on ,, maybe a new yacht or mansion, I dont know of a dealer that doesnt have this fee anymore

I prefer not to contribute to the fund at the tune of $500 a pop, which is what all the Hendrick dealers around here charge. The fee at Criswell, where I bought my 2012 GS was $200, and it was 0 where I bought my Volt. But to each their own.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom