Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WOT delay....wtF!

M

mikwon

Ok, fresh newbie here. just got me my first vette. A 94 Lt1....
At WOT at about 4500 rpm or so it feels like it stalls then kicks in. like theres a slight delay.....I try to describe it through words.
waaaAAAAAA 4500 rpm...win delay...waaaaaaaa 6000 shift...and it repeats itself.
Is this a type of govern, norm. or is my vette ate the hell up. THanks for the help in advance...Mike

If it at half a tank or lower while doing this then that is where I would start. Fill her up and see if it still does it.

Justin

Vettefan87 said:
If it at half a tank or lower while doing this then that is where I would start. Fill her up and see if it still does it.

Justin
Refilled and there was no problem, whats the cause...fuel filter, fuel pressure, fuel pump?? Thanks

more then likely the fuel "sock" attached to the fuel pump. Just as an FYI for future reference, avoid letting the fuel level get too low. The pump motor uses the fuel as a cooling medium and too many run hot conditions will wear out the pump prematurely.

Welcome to the world of Corvettes....

Len:w

It is just when you kick it down all the gas sloshes to the back of the tank and starves the pump.

Justin

I have this problem with mine. All the torque just moves that gas around. I have also heard of guys cornering hard and having the same effect. Although I have not experienced that, I am sure it could happen. I think there is a different sender that you can use to try to prevent this.

Craig

The tanks are "lacking" splash baffles in the tank (famous chev) so G-Force will play a huge role in the tank. Similar with drag racers and oil pans, they want massive pans with baffles so the engine doesn't run dry with accelerating.

the problem as mentioned earlier is that the pump is being starved of fuel. Gm's solution to this was a "fuel in a can" approach, which was installed in all later model cars. basically it pumps the fuel from the tank into a smaller can that it keeps full all the time. as far as I know there is no way to install this in a car that doesn't already have it. but I'm sure if you wanted to take the time you could figure out a way

I know for sure my tank has baffles in it, one on each side of the pump pick-up.

But I could still see there being some starvation on hard corners, but not in forward acceleration, awe maybe a little.

I have experienced that when the fuel level was really low and I floored it and was going up an incline.

Mart

My brothers car has the starvation, I can not recal mine doing it or not, its been a while since ive drove it. When I get it back I will have to see if it does or not.

Justin

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom