Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Would Like Your Opinions

R

ralph958

I am looking at a 2005 C6 (Black). Z51, Chrome Wheels , Heated seats , HUD , Bose, Transparant Roof , Manual.
Single owner , 9,200 miles , New Battery , Excellent Cond. He wanted $31K. I got him down to $29K.
I know this is high for a 2005 but is it really with that low mileage. Should I pass it by and keep looking ?

Looks like high retail for the car according to NADA. Just my 2 cents.

Mileage is insanely low !!! If " you " like the car you no what to do...If it feels right - do it !!!:thumb

Ralph I have been aggressively searching for a convertible for over a month. The cars that I have found are all less than 30K miles and the sellers (dealers and private alike) are sticking to their deals. For some reason it seems currrently that they are getting close to retail (between private party value and dealer retail) and I have yet to close a great deal. I am test driving one this afternoon but I may not be able to get it for what I want.

Depending on what your budget/desired limit is, there are some good deals out there. On another forum in the C6 For Sale section there is a black vert with 4LT (sienna leather) with about 9,200 miles and all options for $35,800. I think it is a great deal. I can't get it becasue I decided to trade my current car.

Yours sounds like a fair deal. If you are happy with it then go for it!

Good luck.:thumb

J Bonnell

Ralph I have been aggressively searching for a convertible for over a month. The cars that I have found are all less than 30K miles and the sellers (dealers and private alike) are sticking to their deals. For some reason it seems currrently that they are getting close to retail (between private party value and dealer retail) and I have yet to close a great deal. I am test driving one this afternoon but I may not be able to get it for what I want.

Depending on what your budget/desired limit is, there are some good deals out there. On another forum in the C6 For Sale section there is a black vert with 4LT (sienna leather) with about 9,200 miles and all options for $35,800. I think it is a great deal. I can't get it becasue I decided to trade my current car.

Yours sounds like a fair deal. If you are happy with it then go for it!

Good luck.:thumb

J Bonnell

I did go for it ! I have only driven it twice since the weather here in Pittsburgh is just horrible. I know it was a little high , but the car is mint. I just hope I have no issues with it. Time will tell . Can't wait for the weather to break so I can take it out again.

Sounds like a nice car! the only one you have to answer to is yourself.....and maybe a spouse. :D As long as you're happy with it, you got a deal.

Sounds like a nice car! the only one you have to answer to is yourself.....and maybe a spouse. :D As long as you're happy with it, you got a deal.

I agree. Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy it. That is all that matters.:thumb

Ralph, I missed your original post or I would have responded earlier. I think the car you bought and the price you paid is just fine. Many people shy away from the '05 as it was the first year of the C6 generation. I've owned two 2005 convertibles, both stick, and never had an issue at all with either of them. By the way, did anyone tell you that you need to put the car in reverse when shutting it off? If you don't, you stand a very good chance of coming out to a dead battery. You can put it any other gear once the car is turned off. It's one of the fluke things with the '05 6-speed.

Congratulations!

Elaine

Ralph, I missed your original post or I would have responded earlier. I think the car you bought and the price you paid is just fine. Many people shy away from the '05 as it was the first year of the C6 generation. I've owned two 2005 convertibles, both stick, and never had an issue at all with either of them. By the way, did anyone tell you that you need to put the car in reverse when shutting it off? If you don't, you stand a very good chance of coming out to a dead battery. You can put it any other gear once the car is turned off. It's one of the fluke things with the '05 6-speed.

Congratulations!

Elaine

Yes I am aware of the reverse issue. Thanks Elaine !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom