Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Would you buy an LT4.....would you sell one?

1996 LT4 Topic
Bought my LT4 Coupe new in Feb of '97, on Valentines Day. My first Corvette, still have it and it is not fort sale! also have a '98 Pace Car, six speed. I Love the LT4 and let my wife claim the '98 as her car. The LT4 feels more like a sports car and I think has better low end torque and acceleration than the C5. Torch Red/F45/Light Grey. 25000 miles and on my 3rd set of rear tires! Also have a #'s matching 72 vert, L48 4 speed, air, pw, tilt/tele, ps, pb and both tops. Bryar Blue. Great car to cruise in. Love the looks I get driving it.

Nice Fleet! Congrats.:drool:
RG

This LT4 forum has been pretty quiet lately. So, I thought this was as good a time as any to bring this up:

The 1996 C4 with the LT4 engine (one year only) is a little unusual and a little special. Or is it?

Those of you who have an LT4, would you or do you consider selling yours and why or why not.

Those of you who don't have an LT4, do you consider buying one or would you rather pass and why.

Myself, I really love the Lt4 and its six speed and I think the 96 was the most advanced C4, making it a reliable, comfortable and responsive car to drive. I accept the fact the C5 and C6 are more advanced and fabulous cars, but I prefer the interior and lines of the C4 to the C5. I sometimes think I might sell it to get a C6 Roadster as I really like them, but I find mine just a little special and I am so pleased with it that I just can't part ways.

LT4 yes or LT4 no?
RG

I would definitely buy one but it would have to be a vert.I'm a drop top guy. I had an 87 C4 hardtop for 10 months red/red, I had a ton of headaches with it. I do like the grunt and the pull of the LT4 though, I would consider one- anyone have one to move?

I have a 96 CE LT4 6 spd F45 all options sebring silver vert, 68K and I love it, but its time for a new C6.If your interested let me know.

My GS is my second vette, and I don't think I will sell it. I have kept my 85 and drive it daily, but will trade it up for another GS someday. It is much more fun to drive between the 100 some extra HP over the L98, rowing the gears, and the sound. And yeah because it garners much more attention when I drive it.

since the loss of my arm/nerve damaged back and neck, i can't remove my roof panel.

so i'd consider swaping mine for an originally owned low miler like mine 20k/2k on the screw.

i admit the lucky prospect should probably be an ohio state alum.

i absolutely enjoy my car......and have for 10 years. it may be red......but there are only another 58 optioned like it

that happens often, so it does not make it particularly unique..

I've had mine for about 2 months now. Doesn't get driven much, put on maybe 1k miles in that time. I went to look at a 2000 Corvette conv. But this car being red caught my eye. I had a '92 coupe before and told myself I would never buy another C4, I had to have a C5 Corvette. When the salesman stumbled around the car and said it had a 6 speed in it, well, I knew it was worth having because of the LT 4 motor. Then there was the low mileage and the F45 suspension. After 4-5 hours of haggling the price, I had another C4, this time, the best C4, I think anyway. Would I sell it, oh yea, show me an '03 50th conv or and '03 yellow Z06 and it's probably history. I do like the car, but I have my limits and I think an '03 would make me sell.

Hi everyone,

I live in the UK and own an CE LT4 which I bought in January this year with ony 30,000 miles on it - and I absolutely love it. I've been a keen Corvette fan for years (I think it was Buzz and Tod in Route 66 on the TV that did it for me!) and owned a 75 some 25 years ago, but then we got pregnant so it had to go!

So with my kids off our hands, it seemed a good time to get another Vette and after I found out about the LT4, there really was no other for me. Trouble is, I couldn't find one in the UK and was about to ship one in from the US when this one appeared for sale on the net and was only some 70 miles from where I live. The chap who owned it was a yank and working for Rolls Royce but had to return to the US. He had bought it new in Florida and sold it to me with all sorts of stuff. My big concern over here was how it might hold the road - Corvettes don't have a good reputation in the UK when compared to European sports cars. I have to say though that my biggest thrill is showing off to people just how well it can be thrown around our country lanes - as well as showing a clean pair of heals to, well, just about anything really. My car has the Z51 suspension package and the faster you go, the more composed the car feels - I even gave my son in his Lotus Elise a run for his money recently on some very twisty roads - and in a straight line, it really is just wonderful.

And on a recent trip to France (great roads for a Vette by the way), we got better than 25 mpg - not bad considering how much we pay for petrol.

Over here, the C5 is just a little too big so the C6 is the one to aim for - but until then, I can see no reason to change what is to me a really great car and perhaps the only LT4 in the UK - unless someone out there can tell me different..?

So, would I sell it? Well, if I had to, yes. Do I want to sell it? Absolutely not!

Cheers, Al

Lt4, beer, good food and wine..........now that's life!

Al. Nice to get some feedback from the UK! And an interesting read to boot. I have visited England quite a few times (was even born in London, but left at a very young age) and love the country roads.....and of course drinking the pints :drink at the pubs.

And yes, France has great roads....good wine and food too......You must love the fact the steering wheel is on the right (correct) side for the Vette in France.
Enjoy.
RG

After owning two new C4s and frankly never much caring for the last one ('92 6 spd) that I kept for 12 years and modified extensively, I was looking forward to getting a '02 - '04 Z06.
When I saw a '96 Grand Sport with the DRM 480 package for sale two states away, I couldn't resist buying it. I have to say this car is better in almost every regard than my '92 and the modifications by Doug Rippie where done correctly, unlike those done by Arizona Speed & Marine locally on my '92.
Is this a better car than a C5? For the most part no, but it's fast and unique and I like it, that's all that matters.
Cars are an emotional thing for car guys and regardless of the year, horsepower, color, etc., if it makes your pulse quicken, buy it and screw what anybody else thinks.

Would love to buy one. Would buy one today except they are all red, white black or silver. All those colors are beautiful but I like something different.
i added stripes in 96'........collectors silver.......just for you

Would love to buy one. Would buy one today except they are all red, white black or silver. All those colors are beautiful but I like something different.

The LT4 could be ordered in any color. The colors you specified are popular colors. But, there must be some different colored Vettes out there with an LT4.

SAVE THE :w

For me the LT4 was the only way to go. It is the highest horsepower C4 convertible made. We wanted a convertible, so the ZR1's were out. A decent LT4 will hand a decent C5 his azz every day. I have done it several times. Love the LT4.

I just got back (15 minutes ago) from a 550 mile roundtrip in my '96 LT4 couupe to the NCM at Bowling Green. Spent the day there yesterday which was Friday after Thanksgiving.

I saw every exhibit and every car in the museum. I would be the first to say that the new C6s waiting for owner pickup were beautiful, and the red midyears made me just stand and stare at the flawless paint. But at the end of the day, walking out the to the "Corvette Only" parking and seeing my white LT4 waiting reminded me that this is absolutely the Corvette for me.

Been driving my CE Coupe with LT4 and Torch Red interior for about the last week. Been having unseasonably warm weather in the Windy City.

What a kick!

I have all sorts of folks wanting to race me. So, I open it up and they all become little specks in my rear view mirror.

Does not take more than a stab at the pedal to be gone!

I am definitely going to have to relocate for the winter!

SAVE THE :w

Last August I purchased a convert LT4 CE. I could have chosen a C5 if I wished, but this model just did something for me, and I always had wanted it. The C5 choice would have been just another Vette, which really isn't that bad, but the LT4 just seems so special. It's sort of like a true love.

Was the LT4 (& LT1) the last of the original small blocks?

How so??? :confused
Maybe he meant last of the original small block iron blocks, as the LS1 that followed in 97 was a total re-design with an aluminum block I think...but I honestly don't know if that makes the LT4 the last of the original small blocks...anyone?;help
RG

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom