Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Would you drive your Vette around dented/wrecked?

Would you drive your Vette around dented/wrecked?

• Hey - It's only a car...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Get a sharpie and write "Chuck Norris was here". At least you'll get a few laughs before you get it fixed. I would get it fixed as soon as possible though. I hate driving dinged up cars.

One of the joys of driving a Corvette is the looks admiration that you get from other folks as you drive, so I would get it fixed right away....

If you have another option, drive that and get the Vette fixed ASAP!!!

(get it fixed and then SAVE the WAVE! :w )

Fix it. I wouldn't enjoy driving it that way--it would bug me even if I couldn't see it sitting behind the wheel

A Suggestion

Here's the deal: Ya ride around with that damage until someone sees your Vette like that, gets the false impression that it's slow beater and challenges ya to a run for Pinks. Ya blow his doors off in the run, take his Pink, sell it and that pays for repairs to your nice Vette.... what could make more sense? :rotfl

Back in the 1960s, I ripped the left front headlite area fiberglass on my 1956 several times (catch it on the garage door or the neighbor's fence next to our driveway). I would drill holes in the fiberglass, and wire it tight so that no more damage would occur. Since I was in college at the time, I had to wait until I had enough money to get it fixed. It usually cost me about $30 at the dealership whether it was in St Louis or Kansas City. Once I got the money saved from my job, it was repaired. Of course, if it was a major problem like blowing my engine (I did this once) I had to ask for help from my parents. They were very accomodating and would spring for the $$. I was lucky to have them.
Barrett

OVB - I had mine fixed immediately back in '05, don't know how some folk drive around a dented Vette.

L8TR - D

True you did have it fixed immediately, but I'm the one that had to pick it up and inspect it. :beer

So, D, is this new damage? Did someone back into you?

LT4man - let's hear from you.;LOL

I guess it depends on how noticable the "dent" is. I've scratched the under side of the nose on high curbs before and kept on driving them because it wasn't noticable. Otherwise, it would be in the shop getting fixed.

k, as i am the only voted for Driving it, i should explain..

;)

It's my Daily, so sometimes stuff has to wait until i have time to get her done. :)

:w
-Stefan

Imediately is a relative thing. Insurance companies don't do anything imediately and if the Corvette is your daily transportation and is driveable, you don't have a choice.

Here's a driving the damaged car story. I was parked at McDonalds getting lunch and when I returned, I found a buisness card on my windshield. The guy worked at a Restoration/repair shop and couldn't bare to see a Corvette needing repairs. I took the car to them. The other insurance company paid everything and I got my car restored back to like new condition. They even replaced the "damaged" headlight motors that were popping up intermittentely.

Sometimes you need to make lemonade.

Save the wave!!

I was in the process of stripping off the paint on my '71, I stop to get some gas. I notice three attendants checking out the vette. One of the guys walk over and said, mister you should get your car painted, if you don't the way it is now it going rust. The other two started laughing . I didn't have the heart to tell the
kid. A couple of weeks later I got it painted. I
followed the kid advice.

LT4man - let's hear from you.;LOL

Mine was damaged twice in eight months. :W

I am waiting patiently for the third time. :chuckle

They say: "Three times the charm!" :beer

Believe it or not, I have had plenty of folks admire my Vette in the last year and they do not even notice the damage on the rear cover. :confused

Snowing in Chicago right now. Vette is not put away, yet. Maybe around Christmas.

SAVE the WAVE! :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom