Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB 6 Speed Z51 / J55 or.....

3JsVette

I would like to find a 6 Speed Z51 / J55 car.
I'm looking for a C4 that is reliable enough to complete a couple of hundred mile trip without issues and compete in some autocross events.
My 1st choise would be a '89 or '90. My 2nd choise would be a '88 4 plus 3 Z51 or a '91 Z07. But I would consider any manual transmission C4 with suspension, brake, and or performance upgrades if meets the following desires.
I'm looking for nice presentable driver quality paint with working A/C and less than 100K miles. I realize that these cars are over 20 years old so they are not going to be perfect nor do I expect them to be. Although I'm not looking for a project car or a track only car. I don't want a car that needs a paint job or has several paint issues as that's a budget breaker. I'm also not looking to do any major drivetrain work like engine, clutch, trans, or rear end overhauls. I would like to be able to drive it before I have to start fixing it. Worn driver's seat and cracked weatherstrips I can deal with. I perfer the L98 engine as it's easier to work on but I don't want to rule out a LT1/LT4 or a modified motor.
As far as color goes I'm pretty much open to almost everything except green (sorry not trying to offend anyone - a family member is superstitious).
I did have a '86 4 plus 3 car back in the late 80s so I have a pretty good idea of what I might be getting myself into.
I would also like to stay in the northeast so part of the budget doesn't have to go towards shipping.
As far as price goes $8500 would be about the upper end of what I'm hoping to spend. Maybe a bit more but I'm not looking to move up into entry level high milage C5 range even though most agree they handle and perform better than C4s.
I don't have internet access at work so I can only reply in the evenings or weekends.
Thanks in advance for any interest.

What you are looking for is out there, it's just a matter of time to find it.

Just saw a listing in the Boston area Craig's list for a 1989 Vette w/6 speed and the handling package. I don't know any more than what the posting says.

Its posting # 4069384313

hope this is helpful. Good luck.

Or buy mine, and with the savings upgrade her to your exact needs. Never been beat on. Legal speed limits are no different for all models.
:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom