Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

yes YES! WOW!!

P

Pa Goose

Sunday, Lois and I went for a ride. :w First time she has been in the Vette since before her back surgery last year. :cry After a while we stopped for gas. :eyerole I filled up and went inside to pay and get Lois a soda. When I came back out I noticed a late model comaro at the island next to me. Didn't pay much attention to it since it wasn't a Vette. While putting on my seat belt Lois started telling me a about the little boy in the comaro.
It seems that the boy, around 10 or so, noticed my car and asked his mom 'What kinda car is that, it is realy cool?' Mom replied 'an old Corvette'. boy 'is it fast?' mom 'oh yea'. boy 'Can it take your car mom?' expecting mom to say no way. mom :drool: 'OH YEA'. I was naturally smiling as Lois related this to me.
When I started up I pushed the gas pedal down as I turned the key. 2nd LUV roared to life. ;) I could hear the little boy yell 'yes YES WOW. Thus the title of this thread. Lois, smiling, asked 'you did that on purpose1 didn't you? I just smiled back. When I pulled out of the gas station parking lot I couldn't help getting down on her in 1st and 2nd. Can only imagine what the little boys response to that was.
I think we all know what car that little boy is going to want in a few years when he is old enough to choose his own car.

....and another fan is born.

Cool story.

I think that's just part of the "Fun" on owing a Vette, many of us have had our Vette's for a long time and we take for granted how special these cars are, it's just a lot of fun to get all the compliments evert time we stop for gas, or stop for a light and get a thumbs up from the person next to us at a light. Enjoy your ride. PG.

Dude,
That's what its all about!!!
Pass it on!
Gary

Kids and cars...

I am a new '81 owner and the very first day I drove my car home I was still "in shock" that I was finally able to get my dream car. Having a young family, I was still a bit unsure that what I had done (in buying it) was right. Even with my wife's blessing for our 10th anniversary.
But as I drove into the driveway and stood there with a stupid look of awe on my face, a group of young kids rode by on their bikes and shouted, "Wow, cool car man!". All you could hear was the fuss they were making over the Vette.
THAT is what makes you happy. Call me immature or whatever you want, but whatever doubt I had was wiped out with their reaction and the many I have heard since.

Being only 18 now I can truly say that that kid will remember that I promise. I can still remember the first day I saw my 81 when it belonged to my uncle and that was 13 years ago. It seems so vivid in my mind I hope i never forget that day.

Awesome story. I remember one of my first rides. It was in my dad's 78 SA just after he got it. Mom and Dad were in the front and me and my sister were behind them sitting in the back (unrestrained :) ) and we went for a cruise. Dad romped on it a bit and I've been hooked ever since.

Excellent story! :upthumbs

Elaine

Sunday, Lois and I went for a ride. :w First time she has been in the Vette since before her back surgery last year. :cry After a while we stopped for gas. :eyerole I filled up and went inside to pay and get Lois a soda. When I came back out I noticed a late model comaro at the island next to me. Didn't pay much attention to it since it wasn't a Vette. While putting on my seat belt Lois started telling me a about the little boy in the comaro.
It seems that the boy, around 10 or so, noticed my car and asked his mom 'What kinda car is that, it is realy cool?' Mom replied 'an old Corvette'. boy 'is it fast?' mom 'oh yea'. boy 'Can it take your car mom?' expecting mom to say no way. mom :drool: 'OH YEA'. I was naturally smiling as Lois related this to me.
When I started up I pushed the gas pedal down as I turned the key. 2nd LUV roared to life. ;) I could hear the little boy yell 'yes YES WOW. Thus the title of this thread. Lois, smiling, asked 'you did that on purpose1 didn't you? I just smiled back. When I pulled out of the gas station parking lot I couldn't help getting down on her in 1st and 2nd. Can only imagine what the little boys response to that was.
I think we all know what car that little boy is going to want in a few years when he is old enough to choose his own car.

My 14yr son hugs our 1996 CE when goes into the garage and then says "Oh Yea" when we start her up (Flowmasters). When I goose it into some favorite corners of ours, he is ALL GRINS !! Really, the most enjoyable thing about having the car!!

i remember.....i was about 8 or 9 and i went to my grandmas house for a weekend. On our way home, (me, my dad, and my younger brother) we cut through a neighborhood, and i noticed sitting in a yard was a cool old white car. I asked my dad what it was, he said a stingray. He hads always wanted one, since back in the 70s when he was a teenager. We stopped and looked at it, it was for sale, it was in great shape, no that i look back, i think it was a 77, but im not sure. The guy said he wanted $6000 for it. This was about 10 years ago, and my dad thought it was a little too much. Since then, i wanted a stingray as a first car.. over the years, i got real interested and started working my ass off and managed to find my 79 sittin at a local car show. I walked up as the guy was puttin the for sale sign on it. Im 17 now, ive had the car for 2 years, rebiult the engine, put a 700r4 in it, painted it similar to a 78 Pace Car, and im still doin little things here and there. It sits in my garage, i take it to local car shows and NEVER drive it to school.....im a little protective of it.... I love old cars....the performance is cool, but there arent to many kids my age with 2 classic muscle cars jettin classic rock, and worked hard to buy them and restore them with hos own time, money and hands.
thats my story
zachh

The C3’s body is so striking, :cool I’m not surprised that they continue to catch peoples eyes no matter how old (or young) they are!

Great story!

B17Crew
:w

My wife said yesterday that a young (25 or so) guy pulled up next to her at the gas station in a vette. She asked him if it was a "77" and he almost crapped! He said she was the first person that guessed the year correctly, how did she know? She told him I also had a "77" and he gave her a major thumbs up. I'm seeing more C-3s around here all the time.

My wife said yesterday that a young (25 or so) guy pulled up next to her at the gas station in a vette. She asked him if it was a "77" and he almost crapped! He said she was the first person that guessed the year correctly, how did she know? She told him I also had a "77" and he gave her a major thumbs up. I'm seeing more C-3s around here all the time.

C3's Rule!

Art,

Love that Pearl-white finish too...:beer

my story goes like so ,i was driving my 73 vette i just got 2 weeks ago back from a cruise night and my 18 year old daughter pulls aside me in my 66 impala ss i have had for 28 years and that was a moment i will never forget seems like one minute there in diapers then there trying to race you ....

C3's Rule!

Art,

Love that Pearl-white finish too...:beer
Thanks! My wife picked out the color. Couldn't go wrong there! It seems that's what draws people to the car in the first place, then they notice all the mods under the hood.:beerArt

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom