Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Yoke SLEEVE???

waterboy1976

Corvette
1973 4-speed Coupe FOR SALE/ SOLD!!!!
The yoke on my 4 speed have a slight groove.....drips a few drops of lube....Someone told me of a sleeve that can go around it to cover the groove. Anyone have any info??? :D

It's called a 'speedy sleeve'. They make them for harmonic balancers but I never heard or saw one for an out put yoke on a tranny. I'd either let it go or get a new yoke and seal. Those speedy sleeves are mickey mouse fixes anyway.

Thanks Dave, my thoughts exactly, I acutally ordered a new yoker yesterday after I posted this question. I thought about welding a ring around the yoke then grinding and polishing, but what a lot of work for a $100 part....;)

Speedi sleeves are a stainless sleeve that presses on to a seal surface. They are an excellent repair for a grooved seal surface and are used extensively in the automotive and other industries. I have used them for many years and have been known to use them on an undamaged surface for "insurance". Check at your autoparts store and see if there is one available for your aplication.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom