Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

You're never too old!!!!

Chrisr

Corvette
'07 Monterey Red/Cashmere Vert
My son & I went to an all Chevy show at one of our local dealers sponsered by Classic Corvette Club in Moorestown NJ. It was pretty much dominated by 'Vettes. There was a red C6 there. After talking to a buddy that had his vette in the show, he told me a 94 year old man OWNS the C6. I thought he was pulling my leg, until I walked over, and saw the man sitting next his new pride and joy!!! I struck up a smal conversation, and sure enough, he owns it!!! The C6 is a 6 speed, AND he traded an impeccable '03 with 3000 miles in on the C6. I called my wife right there and told her the story. She said to go back Monday or Tuesday and see about the '03!!!

Just goes to show, you are NEVER to old to have a Corvette!!!!

Awesome story. . .I plan to still be driving one at that age too...:L

Susan
:w

Too cool!

We had a black C6 enroute to Biloxi, MS.
Was on the truck and as spotted by a fella on the Interstate.
He followed the carrier into a truck stop and found out the car was headed to Preston Hood Chevy in Biloxi.
He went to the dealership, asked the price (for the C6 they had not gotten yet - think it was 3k$ over sticker) and signed the papers on it (wrote a check for the car) and owned it before it hit the ground!

Must be nice!
Rain

We met a couple of great folks a few years ago, a member here, Jim D and his wife. A few pictures of him and his 2 Corvetts, with plate YNG AGN on my Corvette forun webpage. He is also a cancer surviver.

Hope I am tooling around in a Corvette Vert when I get to that time.

Rain said:
Too cool!

He followed the carrier into a truck stop and found out the car was headed to Preston Hood Chevy in Biloxi.

Must be nice!
Rain
Rain, is there a Preston Hood in Biloxi? I ask because I ordered mine last week from Preston Hood in Fort Walton Beach (30 miles East of Pensacola, Florida, off I-10). BTW, paid $0 over sticker ;)

RickM said:
Rain, is there a Preston Hood in Biloxi? I ask because I ordered mine last week from Preston Hood in Fort Walton Beach (30 miles East of Pensacola, Florida, off I-10). BTW, paid $0 over sticker ;)

Rick
Thats Great!

Yes, we too have a "branch" of Preston Hood.. THey bought out Dees and are really catering to the Corvette Owners of the coast.
I know that they had 2 C6 models in the Ft Walton showroom when Hurricane Ivan hit. They tried to get them to Biloxi, MS for our Corvette Rendezvous a few weeks ago but were unable to get them out.

Congrats on your new C6 - Did ya get it Fully Loaded?!?!

Rain

Pretty much. Z51, XM, passed on the Nav for the traditional CD radio, clear cover package, and of course, polished wheels. Needless to say....I'm salivating (and waiting) ;)

Rain said:
Too cool!

We had a black C6 enroute to Biloxi, MS.
Was on the truck and as spotted by a fella on the Interstate.
He went to the dealership, asked the price (for the C6 they had not gotten yet - think it was 3k$ over sticker) and signed the papers on it (wrote a check for the car) and owned it before it hit the ground!

Must be nice!
Rain
Was this an old guy too??????????????

haha, Yea, far as I remember.. he was an older guy.

My buddy in Covington, LA who just got his first vette(a C6)at the museum is an older fella too.

I would imagine not many "yougins" can afford that much for a car they may not drive every day! :D

Very Correct Rick
Hard to justify a 55k$ depreciating expenditure unless you are either sitting on the cash or know you are going to die before you pay it off! hahahahaha ;LOL

Passed a C5 the other day traveling east with Indiana plate that said "MY401K" looking good !

partspup said:
Passed a C5 the other day traveling east with Indiana plate that said "MY401K" looking good !
I like that one!!! It probably "outperforms" a real 401K too!:D

So, while we are at it.....how old are you guys?

46 in two weeks (and retired once) :_rock

RickM said:
So, while we are at it.....how old are you guys?

46 in two weeks (and retired once) :_rock
Same numbers in reverse!!!:D

ROCKETBLOCK said:
Same numbers in reverse!!!:D
Me too--- 1980 miles on my C6- Only 3rd Vette--a 1958-and a 1973-
My next Vette will be a 2025 -I'll be about 84- Price should be about $330,000 -give or take, depending on inflation!!! Horsepower , God only knows!!

2025 Vette will Fly and have verticle take off.. .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom