Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z-51 suspension

Low drag - High speed

Corvette
1995 and 1984 Red Coupes and grey 2007 GMC Sierra
My '84 rides like a Harley hardtail. How can I tell if I have the Z-51 suspension package that's legendary for it's bad ride?:confused

Find the car's RPO list.

It's either on the bottom of the console lid or on the bottom of the rear compartment lid. If the car has Z51, it should be listed there.

But, even the base 84s were stiff. In fact, base 84 springs became Z51 springs for 85-87,

Thanks Hib.

I'll check on that as soon as the tornadoes go past here. Big ones coming through here in about an hour ....

I'll check on that as soon as the tornadoes go past here. Big ones coming through here in about an hour ....
Hope you are OK,I watch the tornado damage on TV and I feel for anyone that has to endure one. Around here flooding is an issue and I know the helpless feeling. Good luck to you.

Thanks for the kind words.

No tornado touchdown here, but golf ball hail, intense lightning and thunder and drenching rain driven by winds up to 80 mph. Lotsa muddy waters goin g through the property that washed out the driveway, so I'll be workin' the shovel all day.

The good news is that my shop is on higher ground and both Vettes, pickup, Blazer and Impala were safe inside. Nobody hurt, just a lot of hard work cleaning up branches, debris and filling in washouts.

Oh ... by the way ... RPO under rear storage hatch has Z51 on it. Thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom