Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z-Oh SH&*#^*($

Corvette
1986 Bright Red Coupe
A local dealer has had a used 2001 silver Z06 sitting on its lot for a couple months now (Mad Mic, you know which one I mean) so as I was driving by today I decided to stop and see if I could test-drive it.

Wowsers. That car is FAST with a capital HOLY #&*#$. I was driving around our suburban town, so I didn't go for speed records or anything, but basically you pick a gear (other than 6) and mash the gas and you are GONE. GM's come a long way in the last 20 years with the Vette, let me tell you...

My only complaint is that it doesn't *sound* like a Corvette. Too quiet, at least from the inside, even with the windows down.

And an engine that revs to 6500 RPM before redline is a welcome surprise...

Drove it home and showed it to my wife. Her only comment? It had to be red.

Whew. I like my 86 but could never use it as a daily driver (too bumpy and unrefined, though that's what I like about it as a fun car). This one, though, could easily be a commuter supercar. And the 2002's are supposed to be even better.
[RICHR]

rrubel said:

My only complaint is that it doesn't *sound* like a Corvette. Too quiet, at least from the inside, even with the windows down.

[RICHR]

I noticed that about the '02 convertible I drove a couple weeks ago. Even with the top down you couldn't hear the exhaust. Only a little burbling when downshifting.

Warren, believe it or not the price wasn't readily available. It had been advertised in a local ad paper (local PennySaver edition) and in several other places, but the salesman couldn't find the ads with the prices (I'm assuming they were below whatever they have on the books there). We didn't go too deeply into it since I wasn't buying. He also tried to tell me it had 405 HP. Not...
[RICHR]

they told me 46k with 12k in miles. what do i got tattoed on my head, sucker? ...lol damn thing was fast as all hell! although i bought mine there but got a better deal for an old cC-4 with 32k in miles (only 14k :D) more my price range well maybe an extra 10k if i find a nice LT-4 :)

Agreed the C-5 exhaust system sounds enemic at best. My first mods would be headers and maybe muffler eliminators. We don't have any noise or tail pipe police here. Owning a ZR-1, only a Z0-6 would work for me. I'd keep the ZR-1 and use the Z0-6 as a daily driver. Once again life would be good.

I feel the need, the need for speed!

(otherwise known as "MORE GAS!")

:bu

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom