Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 Deal or No Deal

BLACK MOON

Corvette
15 Shark Grey 3LZ Z06
I've located an 08 Black Z06 with 6,000 miles, chrome wheels and Nav, 2 LZ. Is $54,000 an incredible deal or just average. I'm ready to buy but concerned the market will fall even more. I need your input. You guys (and gals) always talk strait. So what do you think?

Best regards,
Sal

I don't know enough to have any real opinion. But if I was in a different position, I would buy that 'Vette!

Edmunds says for a new 2008 with those options:
MSRP: 77,165
Dealer Inv: 68,824

So, for 8000 miles on the clock, you get a discount of 14k off the dealer invoice. I'd say yes, sounds like a good deal. I'd go for it if I could :upthumbs

(Those are the best kinds of cars- late model, slightly used, and deeply discounted!)

Tammy

Edmunds says for a new 2008 with those options:
MSRP: 77,165
Dealer Inv: 68,824

So, for 8000 miles on the clock, you get a discount of 14k off the dealer invoice. I'd say yes, sounds like a good deal. I'd go for it if I could :upthumbs

(Those are the best kinds of cars- late model, slightly used, and deeply discounted!)

Tammy

Thanks Tammy. The car has just under 6k, clear bra and hidden radar detector. I think it's a good deal but am afraid with the economy they are still falling. I'll keep you posted.

Sorry I missed the fall run. I haven't been on the board this summer with my schedule. I never made it to the dragon once this year, that's how bad its been.

Cheers

Oh, only 6K miles....I misread before. Well, that's even better!

I've not been on the dragon this year either. It just wouldn't be the same without a vette. We'll each just have to hang in there and wait for another chance.

Tammy

I know one fella that recently purchased an 08 vert new for about $26,000 under MSRP . Look on ebay to see whats available .I've seen a real downward tread on prices . Wait just a little longer is my advice .Prices on used Z06's are droppin' like a rock.

I know one fella that recently purchased an 08 vert new for about $26,000 under MSRP . Look on ebay to see whats available .I've seen a real downward tread on prices . Wait just a little longer is my advice .Prices on used Z06's are droppin' like a rock.

I wonder if we know the same person!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yep,It's New!! 6 sp,4LZ,NPP,Nav and "All" the buttons,142 miles with Full Manufacturers Warranty with Manufacturers Certificate of Origin!!:thumb:thumb
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've located an 08 Black Z06 with 6,000 miles, chrome wheels and Nav, 2 LZ. Is $54,000 an incredible deal or just average. I'm ready to buy but concerned the market will fall even more. I need your input. You guys (and gals) always talk strait. So what do you think?

Best regards,
Sal

Sal,

I think it's a good price, but as others have said, the market is wide open for great prices. You might want to shop around. On the other hand, you really can't go wrong and you'd be driving it now!

Elaine

I agree with what the others say Sal... It's a good deal and you could be driving it immediately. But if you're willing to wait awhile you may find a better deal. It really depends on whether you want it now or you're willing to wait 'til we get deeper into winter.

:wJane Ann

I've been watching them for 6 months now and this one is 4-6k less than the market. Definately the best deal I've found so far. I'm still hesitant though fearing that they will drop below 50k before the spring. On the other hand I see 06's and 07's still asking in the low 50's. The real question is what they are 'selling' for now and not what people are wanting. Very few cars are meeting reserve and I see the same cars for sale over and over again.

I've been watching them for 6 months now and this one is 4-6k less than the market. Definately the best deal I've found so far. I'm still hesitant though fearing that they will drop below 50k before the spring. On the other hand I see 06's and 07's still asking in the low 50's. The real question is what they are 'selling' for now and not what people are wanting. Very few cars are meeting reserve and I see the same cars for sale over and over again.

I've seen many guys who hesitate and lose the car they should have bought, could have bought, and they're sick about it. If it's what you want with all the options you want and it's in the right price range, do it!

Now...let us know how you make out! :)

Elaine

I've seen many guys who hesitate and lose the car they should have bought, could have bought, and they're sick about it. If it's what you want with all the options you want and it's in the right price range, do it!

Now...let us know how you make out! :)

Elaine

I agree. It is a good deal now. So, if you can afford it get it now and enjoy. Life is short.:thumb

Buy it.

Now.

Don't wait.

The future is uncertain, but you do have today. Spend it driving your new Z06. :thumb

Buy it.

Now.

Don't wait.

The future is uncertain, but you do have today. Spend it driving your new Z06. :thumb

I agree with Jim on this. Do you want to spend the here and now 'market timing' to guess where the deflationary spiral hits bottom on the price of a Z06, or do you want to be driving it and enjoying it? Even if you buy it, and find out afterward the price continued to decrease another couple of thousand dollars, you still got a great deal, and you're driving one heck of an awesome vehicle.

:w
-Patrick

Sal . . . GET-R-DONE!

Steve, that car Junkie took pictures of, sure looks alot like the one you ordered. ;LOL

Hecox

This has been the hardest decision buying a car that I have ever made. The way business is right now I'm not prepared to make the jump. I would have had to finance and I've only done that twice out of the 19 that I have bought. I'll keep saving until financing isn't an issue and see what 2009 brings us economicly. I'm afraid harder times are ahead of us.

Thanks for all the support.
Happy Holidays
Sal

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom