Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Z06 shift issue

johnm

Corvette
2007 BLK/BLK Z06
I have a 2007 Z06 with 10k on the odo (I know, I don't drive it enough). Yesterday I noticed a distinct vibration in the shifter handle when driving. The vibration gets worse under acceleration. The tranny seems to shift gears normally. I have no dealerships or garages in my area qualified to work on this car. Every time I try one it gets messed up. I would greatly appreciate any input. Thanks, johnm

I would start with the shifter adjustment first if you have the OEM shifter. Google, or search on this site, for "corvette C6 shifter adjustment", there are some good articles on how to do it in cyberland.

I would start with the shifter adjustment first if you have the OEM shifter. Google, or search on this site, for "corvette C6 shifter adjustment", there are some good articles on how to do it in cyberland.

Thank you LLC5. Good place to start. I'll let you know how it works out

Thank you LLC5. Good place to start. I'll let you know how it works out

I had a bad vibration with noise to match in my 2007 Z06 and the problem was a broken plastic bushing in the shifter. The shifter was replace under warrantee and I was told a better bushing had been put into production as this was a known problem. Check for a TSB on this problem.

I had a bad vibration with noise to match in my 2007 Z06 and the problem was a broken plastic bushing in the shifter. The shifter was replace under warrantee and I was told a better bushing had been put into production as this was a known problem. Check for a TSB on this problem.

Thanks Paul, I think I will investigate this before i attempt a shifter adjustment.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom