Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06's, Parrots, Pets, and Pals

• Thread starter Thread starter theblackvette
  • Start date Start date
Gotta Do Some Work

I have a South American Conure and lots of great pictures, I just haven't made them small enough to fit in here.

Simon loves chicken...

and just about anything else we eat.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3904

im trying to link to my photo of him here...African Grey....Congo...smartest animal in the world according to Guiness.they have one there for about 20 yrs now...5000 word vocabulary...ive read that a mature grey has the thought patterns of a 5 yr old human....they are mature at 13...avg life span of 60 yrs...although they have lived to 75.
Chas:beer

Whatcha talking about, Willis?

You feed your parrot, chicken, which is a bird?????????

Awesome bird!!!!!! You take him out for a drive???????

vettedude73 said:
and just about anything else we eat.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3904

im trying to link to my photo of him here...African Grey....Congo...smartest animal in the world according to Guiness.they have one there for about 20 yrs now...5000 word vocabulary...ive read that a mature grey has the thought patterns of a 5 yr old human....they are mature at 13...avg life span of 60 yrs...although they have lived to 75.

Fine young canibal!

i thought the same thing at first....but he reacts to the stuff cooking..."BITE"..."BITE"...nothing else we cook does this to him...he goes for rides....but the exhaust sounds seems to spook him....i have to just cruise easy and he's fine...we have to be careful outside here in the metro Detroit area...mosquitos carrying the west nile virus...they have already found dead crows here, so im careful to only take him out during the day before the vermin set in....i have a really sweet cage i modifyed to hang on a bedroom window and i can put him in thru the open window....the only way out is back into the bedroom...it is right up under the overhang and we have morning sun on that window....he has birds land on the cage and he "shares" his seeds by tossing them out on the ground..
"hey...come over here" the funniest stuff!;LOL
i also have a perch i made from 3/4 pvc pipe that hangs on the towel bar in my shower...if the water runs he freaks till he gets in...he loves the acoustics in the bathroom too!
Chas
theblackvette said:
You feed your parrot, chicken, which is a bird?????????

Awesome bird!!!!!! You take him out for a drive???????

Shower Alone...........

It's darn near impossible! There's a whole different tone to the sounds he makes when he doesn't get my attention, especially when he hears the water turn on in the shower. I made up a perch in my garage for him, give the term "Junk yard dog" a whole different meaning. It's in a window and he greets all the neighbors to the point that they have to stop by and say hello to the "Pretty Boy". (And have a :beer

I see. I would be worried about the west nile virus as well. But I hope you realize that the birds that land on his cage could be carriers as well. Not just the mosquitos. You may want to consider this.

I still gotta take pics of my parrot in the Z06 one day. :D

vettedude73 said:
i thought the same thing at first....but he reacts to the stuff cooking..."BITE"..."BITE"...nothing else we cook does this to him...he goes for rides....but the exhaust sounds seems to spook him....i have to just cruise easy and he's fine...we have to be careful outside here in the metro Detroit area...mosquitos carrying the west nile virus...they have already found dead crows here, so im careful to only take him out during the day before the vermin set in....i have a really sweet cage i modifyed to hang on a bedroom window and i can put him in thru the open window....the only way out is back into the bedroom...it is right up under the overhang and we have morning sun on that window....he has birds land on the cage and he "shares" his seeds by tossing them out on the ground..
"hey...come over here" the funniest stuff!;LOL
i also have a perch i made from 3/4 pvc pipe that hangs on the towel bar in my shower...if the water runs he freaks till he gets in...he loves the acoustics in the bathroom too!
Chas

Looking forward to seeing your birds. I like conures, too!!!!!!

Rowdy1 said:
I have a South American Conure and lots of great pictures, I just haven't made them small enough to fit in here.

Ok....

i took the cage down....now i am concerned...i thought the only way to get it was blood .... the birds that hit the cage dont do it often...but you did wake me up to the chance it could happen...not worth the risk...hes gonna have to sit by the screen.....thanks pal ...
Chas and Simon:_rock
theblackvette said:
I see. I would be worried about the west nile virus as well. But I hope you realize that the birds that land on his cage could be carriers as well. Not just the mosquitos. You may want to consider this.

I still gotta take pics of my parrot in the Z06 one day. :D

Yeah it is pretty much transferred by blood, yes. But you could have a bleeding bird land on the cage. Or, the visiting bird may hurt himself on the cage and bleed on Simon. Or, Simon may bite an infected bird that has landed on his cage. You never know. But, yes it is a good idea to keep wild birds away from home parrots. Plus they can catch other diseases aside from West Nile.

http://www.avma.org/communications/brochures/wnv/wnv_faq.asp

vettedude73 said:
i took the cage down....now i am concerned...i thought the only way to get it was blood .... the birds that hit the cage dont do it often...but you did wake me up to the chance it could happen...not worth the risk...hes gonna have to sit by the screen.....thanks pal ...
Chas and Simon:_rock

Thanks BV

common sense stuff...you made me aware...this is a great forum.Staying behind the screen.

"PULL!"
theblackvette said:
Yeah it is pretty much transferred by blood, yes. But you could have a bleeding bird land on the cage. Or, the visiting bird may hurt himself on the cage and bleed on Simon. Or, Simon may bite an infected bird that has landed on his cage. You never know. But, yes it is a good idea to keep wild birds away from home parrots. Plus they can catch other diseases aside from West Nile.

http://www.avma.org/communications/brochures/wnv/wnv_faq.asp

No problem. The best thing to do is prevention. Although Simon would love to interact with other birds well you know, I already told you. Howver, there is nothing wrong with having Simon meet up with other house parrots. Play dates! He would go bonkers seeing another African Grey. At first he would be defensive but after time the parrots begin to know each other. It is weird. I can bring a parrot that has been here about 20 times and my bird will sing to it and jump and be happy every time he sees him. But when another parrot which looks the same to me comes here for the first time, well the squawking and the who the hell are you calls come out!!!!! LOL

vettedude73 said:
common sense stuff...you made me aware...this is a great forum.Staying behind the screen.

"PULL!"

Latest of our puppy , ABBY

Shes growin fast!

ABBY.jpg

I had a dog in my C5 about a week ago. Luckily I had to stop for a sobriety checkpoint, the police ran a warrant check on her and then took her away.

Larry?....(The Cable Guy)

Larry's Yellow Rdstr said:
I had a dog in my C5 about a week ago. Luckily I had to stop for a sobriety checkpoint, the police ran a warrant check on her and then took her away.
"Now that's funny, I don't care who Ya are, that's funny.";LOL ;LOL

BV, if you still haven't found a server to upload your video...Email it to me, I can host it on my webserver. Is that a Blue-Fronted Amazon?

We have three parrots (and two dogs).

Got these guys last December from a local rescue:

winniechrissmall.jpeg

They LOVE to be pet on the head and are great with the kid:

Winnie_Zach1small.JPG

Got this one earlier this summer:

scarlet1.jpg

She's only about 8 months old (we've had her about 4), and still "adapting", but starting to come around. She likes to hang upside down, crawl through hoops, and talks in her sleep (what language I've yet to figure out)...and eats like a pig!. Her favorite toy is an empty toilet paper or paper towel roll.

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom