Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z3 vs C5

BLACKTALON

Corvette
1994 ADMARIAL BLUE Z-51 COUPE
Hey guy's I've got this idoit at work that has a 02 Z3. He's like the Z3 is this and that blah.blah.This is the same guy who bought a VW bettle and tried to mod it:L.This guy is a piece of work,He lives and breaths Road&track/Car and driver.He told me the other day that his Z3 was on par with a C5 in performance:L:L:boogie I look dead in his face and said ''And I thought you knew about cars.'' Your car can't out perform my C4:L.I told him to go out and spot a C5 and try him.I told the guy a C5 will put tractortrailer lengths on his little play car. He goes on the bmw forum and they hype him up to where it is funny:L Another co-worker has a 02 GT and they went to something out side of work and the guy with the mustang said when they got on the freeway that his sisters sentra was faster:L I told him any time he wants to get raped let me knw i'll drive the vette to work.:chuckle Sorry guys kinda a waste of a thread but I :L so hard I had to post.

If it's a regular Z3 then you are absolutely correct. If it's an M Roadster then be prepared to eat your words. It WILL run with a C5 and will outrun your C4. I was following a guy in an M Roadster in my C5 when he got on it and it was faster than I expected. Didn't get a chance to line up with him through, would have been interesting.

Leon

I have driven both cars. The Z3 feels lighter and more nimble to me. But the C5 more than makes up for it in brute force. I believe the Z3 is in the 200HP area. The Corvette is plenty nimble as well. If we are talking about a drag strip or road race, the C5 would not be challenged. BMW lists 0-60MPH at 5.9 seconds. My Z06 is about 4 seconds. On the autocross track, I think it would come down to setup and driver skills.

I'm So Disappointed

Leon, Jim,

I'm shocked that at your ages you are still discussing speed contests. You two should be counseling young Blacktalon about the ills of street racing.
I'm so disappointed. Shame on you two. :nono

Remo:cool
QuicksilverFrontjpg.jpg

Leon, Jim,

I'm shocked that at your ages you are still discussing speed contests. You two should be counseling young Blacktalon about the ills of street racing.
I'm so disappointed. Shame on you two. :nono

Remo,

Please note that I said "drag strip", not "street race". Besides that, you have the Corvette that has been tweaked to produce ridiculous amounts of power. I must admit that I don't understand what good all that power will do you while your car is parked for the winter. I drove mine yesterday, and will drive it today. How is that supply of winter meds holding out? :chuckle

Jim

Damed Poor Example

Remo,

Please note that I said "drag strip", not "street race". Besides that, you have the Corvette that has been tweaked to produce ridiculous amounts of power. I must admit that I don't understand what good all that power will do you while your car is parked for the winter. I drove mine yesterday, and will drive it today. How is that supply of winter meds holding out? :chuckle

Jim

I've backed off the meds because I have to take the car to the Chevy dealer tomorrow. New wheels and tires. We're expecting snow the next day so after I get it home I'll resume the meds. As far as "street racing" goes I'll admit it - I'm a poor example. Hell I'll race anything off a street light - including guys on 10 speed Schwins. I depend on my counterparts to set the lawful examples.

I had a Z3 and to put the two in a contest is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.:D
M3 in a tight road course would last little longer, just dont mistake it for an M5. The 5's are wery fast and will give a Z06 a challange.

I had a Z3 and to put the two in a contest is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.:D
M3 in a tight road course would last little longer, just dont mistake it for an M5. The 5's are wery fast and will give a Z06 a challange.

Didn't say M3 but M Roadster, essentially a Z3 with a 315bhp engine @ 3k lbs. It is not to be taken lightly if you run across it.

Remo, I'm hardly an old man and will lay the hammer DOWN if I need to. :) I'm still young and irresponsible. :D

Leon

.... As far as "street racing" goes I'll admit it - I'm a poor example. Hell I'll race anything off a street light - including guys on 10 speed Schwins. I depend on my counterparts to set the lawful examples.

Ahhhh, A man after my own heart!!! Gotta love it!!!:m

Here you go http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90039 .

That was my incounter with a Z4. It did hang with we for a while but that was because I was playing with him:naughty:. Note: I wasn't looking to race this guy. But after the middle finger salute it was time to lay the :SLAP on this guy.

I think the guys with the little Beamers need;help .

:w
H.D.

"Didn't say M3 but M Roadster, essentially a Z3 with a 315bhp engine @ 3k lbs. It is not to be taken lightly if you run across it."

Where did you get the 315 h/p from? Here is the down on the h/p:

Z3 with 2.3 = 170 @5500
Z3 with 2.8 = 193 @5500
M Roadster with 3.2 = 240 @6000 @3650lbs.

The Z3 is a fun little car and the M Roadster version stands it's groun fairly well but be realistic and don't compare it to the Corvette. Stat per stat it's in a differant class.

a Z3 ???? a Zima 3
100px-Zima-clearmalt-bottle.gif

:lol:

not even close. This is a classic example of a geek - believing every word out of the salesmans mouth - and every word in the brochure. I imagine he still lives in his parents basement.

Best way to handle this wanker is to let him drive your Corvette (with you in the passengers seat, obviously). Works every time for me. :D

Hey guys you won't believe this,he told me last night that the ZR1 was junk!!! that the LT5 was as reliable as a old buick.So he goes on to say that the ZR1 program was doomed from day one.That the LT5 was a dog.I asked jason have you every seen a ZR1? he says no,I say so then its safe to say you never riden in one.He says no,I say good cause if you did you wouldn't have wasted your money on that go-cart.From now on I'll never talk to this guy about cars ever.It always turns into a every car in the world is better than a Corvette.

a Z3 ???? a Zima 3

Best way to handle this wanker is to let him drive your Corvette (with you in the passengers seat, obviously). Works every time for me. :D

No way in hell would I let him drive my vette even with me in the pax seat;squint: . Now I might take him for a ride and give him a little taste of real performance. Very few people have driven either of my vettes. I've seen what happens when you do that. I say this because your average BOZO has no idea what theses cars can do and how quick they can get away from you. That would be like taking a guy out of a Cessna 150 and then putting him in an F-16. The only thing you have after the wreck is your memories of your vette:cry.

OBTW, you are probably right in that this guy still lives with his parents:chuckle.

Hey guys you won't believe this,he told me last night that the ZR1 was junk!!! that the LT5 was as reliable as a old buick.So he goes on to say that the ZR1 program was doomed from day one.That the LT5 was a dog.I asked jason have you every seen a ZR1? he says no,I say so then its safe to say you never riden in one.He says no,I say good cause if you did you wouldn't have wasted your money on that go-cart.From now on I'll never talk to this guy about cars ever.It always turns into a every car in the world is better than a Corvette.

He is probably doing a little reverse physiology on you. Deep down this guy is jealous of the fact that you own a vette (he doesn’t), he fell into the trap of buying what he thought was a cool fast car only to get his :Buttslap by a really cool fast car, and now he has to spend large $$$$ to even get in the ballpark with a vette.

Of course, this guy isn't alone. Heck the ricers are the worse when it comes to trash talking about the vettes. The worse are the WRX ricers. At least the Beamer crowd has yet to put fart cans and those very large aircraft wings on their cars. I’ve gotten to the point that when Ricer Boys hit on me to run them, I have to ask if they are gas worthy before giving them a good:SLAP ing. Kind-a like the Seinfeld show were Elane as the guy if he is sponge worthy :boogie.

:w
H.D.

I tell ya though, every time I've let one of these "dreamers" drive my 2002... they never try to flaunt their Z3, Z4, Audi A6, 350Z (and a few others I can't remember) ever again.

This way I avoid the risky street race.

And it's a great way to introduce someone into the world of the Corvette.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with basement dwellers! :D Im lucky enough my parents let me stay here, otherwise i would'nt have the vette until i was an old man.. too long to wait! I hope at least the Corvette sets me apart from the other parents-basement types :eyerole

On topic: My sister's boyfriend has an SRT4 and he wants to race my Vette. I told my sister i would probably annihilate him before it began, but he does'nt seem to realise that. The only thing i worry about are my driving skills, i don't have experience doing this sort of thing and im worried he could take me out :ugh , which would be most embarassing considering my car should DESTROY him right off the line.

I guess we'll see this summer.

These "little" furrenn cars mostly won't stay near our Vettes, BUT....on a really tight, twisty road....be careful. I'm still at the point where I believe I could outrun my C5 with the Mazda Speed Miata I had on the right road: like "the Dragon" or some extremely twisty mountain roads I've run in se KY. Max FUN! BTW...for a BMW car itzz bimmer, beemers are the motorcycles; yup I've had 4 of their bikes but will stick with my modified '04 1200R Sportster and '06 Yamaha FJR 1300A. Of course with @ 3" of fresh snow out there this morning none of them will be going anyplace....NUTZ! DFO :v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom