Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z51 badge on a C6...yes or no???

Stinger !!

Corvette
'08 Will Cooksey #144 Z06
What do you think of this chrome machined replica Z51 badge..(same design as a C6/Z06 badge) on a C6 /Z51 Coupe....Yes or No??? :confused

DCP_0003-1.jpg

badges like that, IMO, confuse the "Joe Avg." into thinking the car is someting else.

Can't tell you how many fake ZR1's, etc are out there w/ badges, that are not - But hey, it is your car.
I don't think 'Joe Average' knows the difference between Z51 & Z06 .

I have a Z51, but I consider it an option. The badge is just for looks,IMO.
I don't have one.

Why not? It's your car and you should feel free to personalize it.

I've been considering getting one but have not found a good script that I really like. If someone would offer a badge with the same C6 font and was really legible without being too flashy, I might too.

What do you think of this chrome machined replica Z51 badge..(same design as a C6/Z06 badge) on a C6 /Z51 Coupe....Yes or No??? :confused

DCP_0003-1.jpg
:ugh Nah keep it factory stock too many add on or doo dads if you want that get a Mustang it has all of that phoney stuff for show.

Badge

Actually I think it looks good.:) But the numbers are a little hard to see; looks like S1; maybe that's just a reflection.

Actually I think it looks good.:) But the numbers are a little hard to see; looks like S1; maybe that's just a reflection.
Still not factory recognized install. Find a trans-am then you can put the giant chicken on it.

Still not factory recognized install. Find a trans-am then you can put the giant chicken on it.

Well...neither is window tint, after-market exhaust, non-original wheels/tires, spoilers, air intakes, engine compartment chrome, door sill plates (lets not forget to mention...'pinstipe') and any other non-factory items specifically designed for Corvettes found at Ecklers, Mid America, Corvette Central and on and on and on....where does one draw the line on "not factory recognized" ??? ;shrug

These 'Z51' emblems are fashioned exactly like the current GM C6/Z06 badges...the distorted appearance is really the camera angle, but the 'scroll' effect above the '51' part of the emblem is the '400 HP' script as the Z06 emblem has '505 HP'...it does make the appearance alittle confusing to see ... 50/50 on this subject..

Over on another of these wonderful 'Vette forums, I asked for opinions and got treated like I set fire to a church...then the admin/mod locked the thread...got a couple of PM's basically scolding me for even bringing up the subject...just looking for opinions...go figure!! :confused

badges like that, IMO, confuse the "Joe Avg." into thinking the car is someting else.

Can't tell you how many fake ZR1's, etc are out there w/ badges, that are not - But hey, it is your car.

I don't fully understand your point on this. His car is a Z51 equipped car so the badge is not confusing unless you think that "Joe Average" will think it a Z06 badge. It doesn't misrepresent his car at all, just showcases the performance feature. Personally I don't have a problem with it but would need to see the picture in better light to say whether I fully like or dislike the badge. In principle I have no problem with it.

Leon

Well...neither is window tint, after-market exhaust, non-original wheels/tires, spoilers, air intakes, engine compartment chrome, door sill plates (lets not forget to mention...'pinstipe') and any other non-factory items specifically designed for Corvettes found at Ecklers, Mid America, Corvette Central and on and on and on....where does one draw the line on "not factory recognized" ??? ;shrug
I know that's why it looks cheap and when you sell the car you will find the factory cars sell easier than the modified cars because people don't care for each others personal touches. It's a personal thing but since the car comes from the factory in the purest form it is worth more in the long run and more reliable with less problems. Would you buy a 67 Corvette with a 350 in it side pipes with flares and mag wheels on slicks with electronic dashboard and diamond tuck interior?

I like it and had thought about adding it as well. Where did you get it?

Z51 badge

This guy just wants to personalize his car what's wrong with that? I think it looks good and if I were to run into a used vette with the badge it would not deter me in the least from purchasing the car. The overall condition of the car is what counts. It's kina like big **** either you like them or you don't.:)

Mammarys

What in the heck is wrong with the word ****? Cows, pigs, dogs and humans have them; this censorship is stupid.

you spell it like this....

What in the heck is wrong with the word ****? Cows, pigs, dogs and humans have them; this censorship is stupid.

............Titts............. :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom