Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Zip Products Ignitor ignition conversion kit

vette70cdg

Corvette
1970 White Conv 454/390
Has anyone purchased/used the Ignitor brand ignition conversion kit for their C3 sold by Zip Products online? How much better is it than the stock points/condensor? Did you also by the Ignitor coil to go with it or will a standard Accel work just as well?:confused

ignitor ignition

I don;t know if this will help you or not but I installed on e in our 68 Mustang[ yes I do have a vette also].wasn;t the same brand it was a petronix, it is great been in there for about five years with no problems

PETRONIXS

I installed one (petronix) on my 72 LT-1 about a year or 2 ago also, andit has been great, very easy to install, seemed almost TO simple to work, but has been flawless ever since.:cool

I'd check around for prices, seems like I ordered mine from JEGS or Summit Racing (I had a mallory dual point already on the car, but it did have the tach drive, so I wanted to update it, instead of buying an original dist. and updating it)

SHOP AROUND, JC Whitney may even have it CHEAP...:gap

good luck
you wont be disappointed:D

Larry (gus)
LT-1 Registry

We just installed one today on a 1969 350/350HP and, as said before, it was almost too easy. And please don't ask me how ity works, but it does. It really help at start up. And seemed to help throttle response also. BTW we sell these for $87.00, I'm not sure what Zip's get for them.........Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom