Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZO6 Convertable value question??

David Gordon

Corvette
2001 Silver Coupe./2008 Crystel Red Met.
I am seeing these all over the internet for $60k with anywhere from 500 to 4500 miles. Some even have all the options.
My question is are they worth it?
It seems that there are even a few regular ZO6's for $58-$65k
The Gran Sports are listed for almost as much or the same price-What is the deal??

What Z06 drop tops are you talking about...a real Z with the top chopped off, a fake one made from a GS or ???

I am presuming that you are talking about the 2013 427 convertibles?? If so, then I think they will certainly hold their value as there never was a 427 505 HP convertible before and unlikely there will be again.

Pricing on Corvettes are all about options and miles. The more options, the lower the miles, the higher the price. You cannot compare low optioned Corvettes with those that are loaded.

Elaine

As Elaine says, there are no Z06 Convertibles.

In 2013 there was a model called a "427 Convertible" which was a lower-cost crossbreed of a C6 Convertible and some Z06 powertrain parts such as the 427 engine, the transmission and the coolers.

The 427 Convertible lacks the Z06's aluminum frame and a few other goodies. As to why the higher prices? Well, it was a one year option and, as Elane says, it combined the LS7 engine with the Convertible body style.

The build-out of Z06 and 427 Convertible C6 models is the end of an era. There never again will be an engine like the LS7 427, ie: a big, normally aspirated V8. Going forward, all higher-performance Corvettes will use smaller supercharged or turbocharged engines.

.......fortunately, the LS7 lives on in the Z28.

I am seeing these all over the internet for $60k with anywhere from 500 to 4500 miles. Some even have all the options.
My question is are they worth it?
It seems that there are even a few regular ZO6's for $58-$65k
The Gran Sports are listed for almost as much or the same price-What is the deal??

They are worth every penny IMO, can't say why the prices are dropping, except the dealers are trying to unload the ones they did not discount, and now they must because of the C7's. But if you ever wanted a 427 convertible at a reasonable price, there probably will not be another opportunity to get one.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom