Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

zo6 exhaust on ls1

No I didn't see that one. The event was put on by MidAmerica Designs (www.madvet.com) and they only had the vendors that are in their catalog. tom.

Guys i have a 98 stock except for a blackwing and acarbon power duct.This morning ibought afriend of mines z06ti mufflers for350 ithink agreat deal .Do you think its worth putting on long tube headers and x pipe or shoud i leave it alone?

I have the Ti exhaust and recently (ahhh, before the snow:cry ) put on a set of QTP headers. I had the car tuned afterwards with a conservative tune similar to factory so I wouldn't be lean on the street. Picked up a solid 25 HP and the cars behaves much different. The motor snaps when you blip the throttle.

Hi. What exactly is the A&A modification? Will it work on the Z06 exhaust?

Thanks,

PhilErikson

mufflers

YaI would consider inproving my Vette sound, borlan sounds like the ticket, I would like one that has low rpm sound then more or less levels out at high speeds.

I highly recommend the Z06 cat-back. I have had mine now for over 2 years and love it. If you ever add long tubes, heads/cam they will get a little bit louder but will hever have any resonance.

PhilErikson said:
Hi. What exactly is the A&A modification? Will it work on the Z06 exhaust?

Be aware that welding titanium pipe is expensive and difficult, the equipment required is very expensive and it will be fairly uncommon in machine shops.[\b]

you gotta have the corsa. Nothing sounds better and is quieter cruisin
sigshooter said:
i'm in the very early process of planning an exhaust upgrade on my 98 c5. i'm torn between corsas or saving a few hundred and going with the zo6 exhaust.

has anyone put the zo6 exhuast on an ls1? did it make any difference? how was the sound? should i fork out the extra 300 bucks for the corsas?

i'd love to hear some opinions.

Now that I see the photos of the A&A mods, I can see that it would be difficult to do on the titanium z06 exhaust that I have on my 1998. I really like the throaty, mellow sound of this exhaust, and, like others here have pointed out, it does not resonate. I'd just like a bit more bite & snarl without replacing the whole exhaust. Maybe later when I install some headers, it'll sound better.

Thanks,

Phil Erikson

PhilErikson said:
Now that I see the photos of the A&A mods, I can see that it would be difficult to do on the titanium z06 exhaust that I have on my 1998. I really like the throaty, mellow sound of this exhaust, and, like others here have pointed out, it does not resonate. I'd just like a bit more bite & snarl without replacing the whole exhaust. Maybe later when I install some headers, it'll sound better.

Thanks,

Phil Erikson

phil,

that's true, headers and hi-flow cats will make for a cool sound. z06 mufflers, with headers and cats is a popular set up. that's why i went with the corsa tourings (quieter of the two models), so i could get the headers and hi-flows down the road and have a great tone without being too loud.

good luck.:beer

I have Z06 ti mufflers + FLP LT headers + no cats and it is not loud by any means EXCEPT under WOT. NO RESONANCE and cruising on the highway, the tires make more noise. The Z06 mufflers are totally the way to go if you dont want loud all the time, but want fast.

So is the Z06 exhaust a more throaty sound than say the Corsa Pace System. I just picked up a 2001 Coupe and the first upgrade I want to do is the exhaust. I drive it the majority of the time, but my wife likes to drive it and she also agreed on my thoughts about a deeper throatier sound.

The Z06 exhaust is considerably quieter than the Corsa.

I talked to the shop that has done all of my past exhaust work and they mentioned something about a flowmaster system. The guy who has actually done the work will be in today and I'll talk to him. I listened to the Corsa & Borla online and I like the Corsa Pace System, but the cost is kicking me at this moment. I'm up for suggestions when comes to the exhaust.

i've been totally happy with my corsa tourings. they were about $1000 w/ the tigershark tips...slightly cheaper with the other tips. in my opinion it's worth waiting until you get the funds to buy the corsas. they're totally worth it.

My son listened to both systems and he too liked the Corsa. So I'll take a little advice and wait and get the exhaust I want and not one that I'm not going to be happy with.

Corsa WITH x-pipe

If you are going to do this, please consider doing the x-pipe at the same time. I think that Bassani makes the best one. The standard "H" pipe just does not cut it on evening out ehe exhaust pulses side-to-side, and even with the Corsas you will still bet a bit of "motorboat" burble if you don't go with the "X" too. One other thing that the "X" will do for you is scavenge the exhaust pressure on each side.....when one side fires, it helps pull the gases out on the other side. The "X" will double the benefit of going to custom mufflers....and installation is a snap if you do both at the same time........
I've got the Corsa Indy (the touring edition was WAY too quiet for the money) with the Bassani x-pipe and I love the tone. Nice even, deep idle, GREAT WOT growl (a mechanical wail is the way I would describe it).....and NO resonance on the freeway. You can just barely hear it above 80 mph....below that, it is probably quieter than the stock system. I got mine from Ecklers (ask for chuck)If you would like more info, I can be reached at tbonegw1@aol.com

I've got the Corsa Indy (the touring edition was WAY too quiet for the money)

I agree. Touring way too quiet. Keep the stock system first, just not that big of a difference for $800-1000. Go with Corsa Indy minimum, or Borla Stingers to get your moneys worth.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom