Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZO6 taken down as per the GM video..15mm's and its riding just perfect.

JBsC5

Just wanted to shoot the breeze with you guys..

I had the car dropped yesterday by a very cool Technician...

15mm's and its perfect for me..

I ditched the 4x 4 look and the handling is slightly more taut..

No drivability issues..

This was a big win in my book..

Just passing the information along..

I believe its just slightly lower than a stock base suspension corvette..now as the Z51 and/or FE4 higher spring rates make them sit just a bit higher from the factory..(Ever notice how Z51 or FE4 suspension cars sit higher than a base model car?) Now

Thats been changed to just slightly lower than a base suspension car and like I said..the drivability is perfect.

I'd recommend this to others who don't want to go crazy slamming the car..but want it taken down a notch.... based on my experiences with this on both my Corvettes.

I'ld have to agree with you on the looks, to a point. When I first bought my '96 with the FE4 suspension I parked right next to my dad's '93 with the ZO7 suspension package. The ZO7 did stand quite a bit higher! I imagine the Z51 package would be similiar to the ZO7 package. Of course we are also discussing two different body styles...C5 and C4. The FE4 suspension may ride a little higher in the C5s, as you have said. I've not had the opportunity to play around with any C5s...yet:)

JB,

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take to complete the lowering?

I believe the techician did it in 20 minutes on a rack..

15 mm's just like the General recommends.

I believe the techician did it in 20 minutes on a rack..

15 mm's just like the General recommends.

While on the '09 Vette caravan we were stopped in Little Rock at a Chevy dealer there. I had my brand new Z51 Rdstr back in the shop to get the TPMS calibrated (needed to be done day I bought it). Accross the bay was a 'custom' C6 Z06 (from Ill) which had lost it's ride height somehow and the techs were re-adjusting it. It did not look hard at all. Had it on rack and some type of stands under the shafts (it looked like). It was about 25-35 min and they had it done. They ARE adjustable as I DID witness techs doing adjustment. Have not read anything bout that in owners manuel.

Are you planning on getting an alignment after it settles?

I thought about lowering mine but I'm already scraping the front air damns on a lot of things so I'm going to hold off for now.

I might go with C6 Z06 shocks in the near future and I've heard that will raise the ride height so I might lower it on stock bolts so it comes back to the factory height.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom