Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR-1 Automatic Convertables

• Thread starter Thread starter SportScortZx2
  • Start date Start date
S

SportScortZx2

ZR-1 Automatic Convertibles

Does anyone know how many Automatic Convertible ZR-1's were made in 1995?

Yeah, no production ZR-1s were ever made (a) as convertibles or (b) with automatic transmissions. There was a prototype (or I guess it was a custom job) convertible that I've seen in the National Corvette Museum, however... Also, there apparently was a true prototype featured here.

I've been tempted to buy a "roll over" zr1 and do a convert zr1.

the DR1 in the museum is way cool, but its a 6 spd zf like all other zr1s.

callaway spanked out plenty of power and you could buy a convert b2k so I don't completely buy that it's not doable.

I agree that the car would be a bit flexible as all c4 verts are, but it would still be way cool.

love those verts!!!! since the factory made all the parts, the conversion would be doable. put in a roll bar and have at it!!!

just make sure the top is down when you go over 155 (watch that toupe!!!)

Easiest way is to buy a 93+ convert and add the powertrain. That way the only thing you need is a LT5 and a beefed up 700r4.

Tyler

Tyler Townsley said:
Easiest way is to buy a 93+ convert and add the powertrain. That way the only thing you need is a LT5 and a beefed up 700r4.

Tyler
I think it would be easier to chop the hailo and install convertible fiberglass in the back hatch area yea it would take a little work but not as much work as transplanting a motor and all the electronics into a non ZR1 car.
That is if you wanted the dash and all to be the same as the regular ZR1 power key? I dont know for sure but I doubt all the dash harnesses were wired for the power key.

Thats what I would do take a roll over and chop it its a ZR1 just modified slightly!

I wouldnt do the auto matic conversion but thats me

about the prototype crushed Vert, they were trying to sell that car about a year ago and wanted somethng like $150,000 for it as it sits! crack smokers I think it also doesnt have the wide body

The reason I ask is because my friend has one, or so the title says. When he gets it back I will get the vin and see. How can I tell? The car is a 1995 automatic, convertable and blue.

SportScortZx2 said:
The reason I ask is because my friend has one, or so the title says. When he gets it back I will get the vin and see. How can I tell? The car is a 1995 automatic, convertable and blue.
Hum...
It didnt leave the factory that way but There are a few conversions out there, One in california I think it is yellow?

Theres a handfull of ZR1s converted to automatics, one is for a guy who lost a leg, and the others For the Drag strip, a Vert with a LT5 trasnplanted has happend before so It wouldnt suprise me a bit if he had one.

johnny

SportScortZx2 said:
If the VIN isn't 1G1yZ then it's not a ZR-1.

Not A ZR-1. This car is a regular corvette, but. It had an engine swap done before he owned it and was told the new motor is ZR-1. What are the easiest ways to tell if this is true or not? Thanks for all the help guys.

SportScortZx2 said:
Not A ZR-1. This car is a regular corvette, but. It had an engine swap done before he owned it and was told the new motor is ZR-1. What are the easiest ways to tell if this is true or not? Thanks for all the help guys.
open the hood if it looks like this pic then it has a LT5 installed

hillcrest_024.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom