Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR-1 Heads Ported?

Nigel80031

Corvette
1995 Torch Red ZR-1, # 398
I am looking around for a ZR-1 and have seen several for sale with this mod. I am not too mechanically minded and are a bit worried about any extra cost with servicing and upkeep that may be required.

Also, does Porting the Heads have any long term effect on the motor operation and is it a plus or a negative when it comes to the vette being on the market?

I guess you are talking about port polishing and matching.
Done right, it increases the flow and results in more hp. IMHO, if you document that it was done by a reputable shop, it should increase the value.
This should'nt have any negative effect on longevity nor require any additional maintenance.

Boy does it ever increase the air flow.Look for big hp gains if the heads are done right.I ported polished and gasket matched
my heads myself,not easy at all.The car did 123.6 mph on A
60 degree day,and no it's not A 368.The will dynoed at
performance technicle center in Elk grove,IL on Saturday.:cool :D

Mind if I ask roughly how much it cost to have the port polished and matched?

Hey,vettaholic Marc Haibeck just had his heads ported&polished
by Lingenfelter for $3300.Are you thinking of getting your heads
ported&polished and matched?:cool

Anyone who buys ZR-1 are hp and torque junkie. Hp is like money, never enough.
Yes, as soon as I can get some cash together-I have a son in college-need I say more?:D

I would give Greg Vandeventer a call or Aaron Scott at SGC.

I think they would do the best job on porting the heads.

not a simple job, and removing the engine makes this service easier so plan on taking car of other things at the same time.

aaron scott I think charges around 7500 to port the entire top end and porting the heads without doing the manifolds won't give you as much HP as the manifolds will become even more of a restriction. headers are a must too, so this is not a mod for the faint hearted or those short of fold.

chip recalibration on the dyno is a good idea too.

but oh baby, once its done hang on!!!

contact me for some advice, cya!!!

Thanks Ron for your information but I was looking at buying a ZR-1 already with the mods. Since then I have found a stock ZR1 that I like very much and hopefully all things going right will be signed up this Sunday. More information to follow.

Good to see you have found a buyer for your '95

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom