Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR-1 Purchasing Advice

Sorry, I guess "contract" what a poor word choice. All I meant is that GM and MM have worked hand in hand, and that MM has always used GM blocks. They clearly have some sort of contract between each other, so using MM to build the LT5 wasn't as "out of house" as people make it sound. That was my only point.

wording is everything

Brett said:
Sorry, I guess "contract" what a poor word choice. All I meant is that GM and MM have worked hand in hand, and that MM has always used GM blocks. They clearly have some sort of contract between each other, so using MM to build the LT5 wasn't as "out of house" as people make it sound. That was my only point.
U got it this time Brett!! You know Chevy brass were not happy to admit that a speedboat co. can build a better alum. V-8 then GM can. My point: the LS-2 still has "stinkin pushrods" old tech. by anyones' standards!!!
polishedlt54.jpe

Hi Folks.

Interesting bit of news on this car. I struck a deal on the phone with the current owner. We settled on $17.5 cash and I'll probably owe him a couple favors down the road, if you know what I mean. ;-) I am so fired up, I can't sit still enough to type out this post!

At any rate, I wanted to drive it out to CA, but my wife isn't really up for blowing her vacation driving 10-12 hours a day. A colleague gave me the following very sound advice, "Man, if your wife is willing to let you get the car, don't quibble over whether to ship it!"

So I am going to ship it. Best quote so far has been from Thomas Sunday for a steep $1450. However, that is for covered transport, fully-insured, with gate-loading. Do any of you have experience with Sunday? Any notes of caution? I tried DAS, Intercity, Passport, and Concours. They were all at least $200 more for the same door-to-door service.

I am going to fly out for the transaction and to take an extended spin in (hopefully) my new ride. Nonetheless, thanks for the offers from local forum members to check it out. Actually, I want everyone to know that I really appreciate the advice and input I got here.

-Burt

I have only dealt with InterCity a few times and they are well worth the extra money. Here is a horror story I posted on another thread that tells you, not all transporters are created equal:

I wish I remembered the transport company I saw last year at the NCRS National in Hershey, PA. The company was hired to transport the Apollo LCM car (Alan Bean's old Vette). The LCM car was on top and leaked brake fluid onto the car below - a white chrome bumper C3 with the original paint, going for one of the top NCRS Awards (Duntov Award I think). The paint on the hood was ruined! There was nothing to separate the upper and lower levels in the transport trailer. The transport driver also did damage to the e-brake on the white C3 by pulling up on the handle as hard as he could.

Good luck and congrats!
:w
Guy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom