Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR-1 Tires on LT-1

J

jasbogart

Does anyone know if the ZR-1 size tires (315-35-17) will fit in the wheel well of my 94 LT1 on 11" rims without poking out the side of the car? I know there are 2 types of offsets, one for ZR-1 and one for Grandsport...which one, if any, will I need without having to buy those Grandsport tack-on fender flares? Thanks.

Jason

The GS offset is better, the tire will line up right to the edge of the fender, so the flare is not needed.... BTW, you can get them from AFS

The GS offset will work on your car with a 315 tire. Just don't get the ZR-1 offset......it'll stick past the fender walls by at least an inch and a half and not look very good at all in my opinion.

Jay

Smoke 'em if you have 'em!

The ZR-1 size tires (315-35x17) fit in the wheel well of my lowered (about 3/4") '84, on Epsilon rims. I do not know the offset, but I have them on all corners. I finsd the stock alignment specs work best; the specs for 17" equipped cars caused rubbing in front on full deflection turns.

I have broken some of the plastic inner wells in the rear; occasionally smell a whiff burning rubber after large road dips.

Now, I COULD crank the car a bit higher...........................
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

:w

The ZR1 offset actually works with C4's that came with 16 inch rims from the factory... on the 17 inch factory cars, (88-96) the GS offset works....

About how they look: Very cool, IMO, as long as you don't get cheap on the tires... I have seen people buy the wider wheel, then put on 275 or 285 series tires... this looks rediculous... stick with the 315/35/17 tire and you will have one sweet looking Vette

One thing people really do not notice is the back half of the ZR-1 is actually a little bit wider, but it has the same frame. From the doors back it starts to taper back so it can cover the wider tires, and not look odd. If you look at a ZR-1, and a standard C-4 you can easily tell that on is wider.

right, but the grand sport offset is different, so a standard corvette won't look stupid with the wider tires

I'm interested in doing the 315s also. My 92 has the 17x9.5 painted buzzsaw's all the way around with the 275s on them. I would like to keep the buzzsaw wheels (I like them better than the 5 spoke). Can I get the GS offset with 17x11 painted buzzsaw or do I have to get the black 5 spoke GS wheels?
Graham

vms4evr said:
I'm interested in doing the 315s also. My 92 has the 17x9.5 painted buzzsaw's all the way around with the 275s on them. I would like to keep the buzzsaw wheels (I like them better than the 5 spoke). Can I get the GS offset with 17x11 painted buzzsaw or do I have to get the black 5 spoke GS wheels?
Graham

Graham, I've only seen the 5-spoke style wheel offered in two different offests. To my knowledge I think the sawblades are only ZR-1 offset.

Jay

Thanks guys, I've ordered my ZR-1 wheels & tires (Bridgestone 315's on the rears) with the GS Offsets from AFS wheels. I'll let you know how they look when I get em. Thanks again for the feedback.:cool

Another follow up question...do the 315 rear tires fit in most car wash conveyor rails?

(I know, I know, but with water restrictions lately there is no other choice...hand washing is out of the question)

Well... my car has 315/35/17's on the back. It's a 92 with what I believe are the stock rims. I got the car this way, it has Goodyear GSC's on it. They seem to fit well and fill the wheel well nicely, not to mention look awesome on the back.

Mine stick out about 1/2". So I must have the GS offset on the ZR-1 11" wheels. I've got the 315/35/17 Comp TA's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom