Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning! ZR1 front inner plastic grills are junk!

4barrel

Corvette
1960 honduras maroon, 2019 ZR1 orange tint
I have 3,000 miles on my 2019 ZR1, i tracked it 2 days at VIR, it was 85-90 degrees and i ran 8- 25 min sessions over 2 days. This is what the rubber did to the front wheel front
plastic grills & my radiator-so far dealer says that Chevy said they would not help-This is
sold as a track car! I'm told Ron Fellows added screening in front of theirs-Why didn't they
tell me that when i was there! i plan to add stainless screen when mine is fixed-i am not happy with Chevy. I've been told by a former Chevy employee that Corvette Brand Quality Manager at the GM Tech Center in Warren, MI. said they are aware of the cause, but choose not to modify the tooling to correct the problem with any revised parts-nor warn their customers!

Attachments

• cental 4.jpg
    cental 4.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 240
  • cental.jpg
    cental.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 221
I have 3,000 miles on my 2019 ZR1, i tracked it 2 days at VIR, it was 85-90 degrees and i ran 8- 25 min sessions over 2 days. This is what the rubber did to the front wheel front
plastic grills & my radiator-so far dealer says that Chevy said they would not help-This is
sold as a track car! I'm told Ron Fellows added screening in front of theirs-Why didn't they
tell me that when i was there! i plan to add stainless screen when mine is fixed-i am not happy with Chevy. I've been told by a former Chevy employee that Corvette Brand Quality Manager at the GM Tech Center in Warren, MI. said they are aware of the cause, but choose not to modify the tooling to correct the problem with any revised parts-nor warn their customers!
When I took delivery of my 2019 ZR1 last July I was told by another corvette enthusiast that If I plan a track day that the road marbles on the road course will destroy the plastic wheel well grills that suppose to protect that section of the radiators. So I ordered some stainless mesh but have yet to install them. So now every time I drive over some small rocks or pebbles in town it reminds me on what I have to do !

When I first got mine before tracking it I did put some SS mesh inside the wheel well. I simply used SS safety wire to wrap around the plastic OEM and fastened the mesh to it. It has been there through 6K and several track sessions with no problems. You will need some good metal shears to cut it to size.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom