Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ZR1 production #s for 2008

jims427400

Corvette
67 427 tripower,68 427 tripower,04 Z16, 62 340hp
I've been wondering w/ the dealers marking up the cost of ZR1 orders so high, did they reach thier original goal to built 2000 +/- units..
Cuase I'm hoping thiers a used one out there with my name on it when they depreciate down to 70K in a couple years.
Jim

Last i heard 883 ZR1's have been built. #1 is Jay Lenos & #500 Mario Andretti's.

I'd be surprised if 883 have been produced. I took delivery of #518 on Dec. 23. I know they closed the plant around Christmas and aren't scheduled to re-open until mid-Feb. I see in the registry that #609 is the highest numbered registered. Using a Kentucky windage estimate, I'd say somewhere less than 650 were built in 2008.

Dont you think they would have sold considerably more units and maybe made more $$$ on larger volumes if they would have kept the price at MSRP. If they only sold 650 units, do you think the reason was production layoffs or lack of orders due to markups..

I'd be surprised if 883 have been produced. I took delivery of #518 on Dec. 23. I know they closed the plant around Christmas and aren't scheduled to re-open until mid-Feb. I see in the registry that #609 is the highest numbered registered. Using a Kentucky windage estimate, I'd say somewhere less than 650 were built in 2008.
Go to the here - Official C6 Corvette Registry and read they actuall built 833 (i was close)

Something is amiss. The factory had a production target of 75 (I think) units per week. If 833 units were produced in 2008, that means 315, or over a month's worth of production, were produced after mine (#518). Unless my unit sat in Bowling Green for over a month, I can't make sense out of the numbers.

Something is amiss. The factory had a production target of 75 (I think) units per week. If 833 units were produced in 2008, that means 315, or over a month's worth of production, were produced after mine (#518). Unless my unit sat in Bowling Green for over a month, I can't make sense out of the numbers.
To the best of my knowledge 833 production-based, public-sale ready ZR1s have not been built. The number is probably closer to just over 600.

What date was your car produced? When Corvette sales tanked along with everything else GM decided to produce as many orders for sold ZR1's as possible to keep the line running and avoid layoff's. This would account for the increase.

What date was your car produced? When Corvette sales tanked along with everything else GM decided to produce as many orders for sold ZR1's as possible to keep the line running and avoid layoff's. This would account for the increase.

I don't know the "born on date". I was told by my dealer it came off the line the week of December 15. It was received by the dealer on December 22. I took delivery on December 23 - the day the plant was idled for the Holidays.

I'm beginning to think (as mentioned by Rob) that the difference between the total production numbers (833) and the vin#'s delvered to date (just over 600) are the units not produced for the public such as test vehicles, driving school units, etc....

I don't know the "born on date". I was told by my dealer it came off the line the week of December 15. It was received by the dealer on December 22. I took delivery on December 23 - the day the plant was idled for the Holidays.

I'm beginning to think (as mentioned by Rob) that the difference between the total production numbers (833) and the vin#'s delvered to date (just over 600) are the units not produced for the public such as test vehicles, driving school units, etc....
You could contact your salesman and he should be able to find out the day it was produced. As for the test or engineering vehicles they still have a VIN# and are counted in production. Only lead unit builds are not. Anything that is not an EXP vin must have a regular vin#. EXP Vin's are not sale-able vehicles and cannot be driven on the hi way or licensed by the public only the MFR with a MFR plate. Its very possible the 833 count is the total built but not sale-able units.

We sold ours at the original price... No mark up !

I've been wondering w/ the dealers marking up the cost of ZR1 orders so high, did they reach thier original goal to built 2000 +/- units..
Cuase I'm hoping thiers a used one out there with my name on it when they depreciate down to 70K in a couple years.
Jim

We chose to honor our loyal customers and NOT mark up ours... Previous clients of ours were offered them at the original price.. We did not mark them up to get more $$$ out of loyal clients.

I would much rather have a happy loyal "repeat" customers than to stick it to them one good time. :)

#3 is in the showroom at kerbeck chevrolet in atlantic city nj-owners car

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom