Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: ZZ4 350 Headers

Ted

Corvette
77 T top coup and 99 Coup
I am installing a ZZ4 350 in a 77 Vette. When I purchased the Vette it had Hooker Headers with side pipes. With the ZZ4 I want to put on a dual exhaust (no side pipes). Any recommendations for headers and the balance of the exhaust system?

I'd go back with Hookers again, just the undercar version. Jet-Hot coated will make them last longer, and then something like Magnaflow for the rest of the exhaust and mufflers.

Other good brands out there- just make sure you get the heaviest primary tube wall thickness. Some of the off brands use a thin wall tube and they don't last very long.

That's what I did

undercar,ceramic coated.The ports are different and here's the part # I used from Summit:HOK-2134-1HKR.Remember,the ports are different on the ZZ4.I got the Edelbrock version,which are you getting?:thumb

Thanks eagle275.. Just spoke with Summit and they suggested Dynamax WLK86008 with PYE SCC10R pipes nad mufflers. I'll look up your suggestion tonight.

Thanks TimAT,

Looking into Hookers also. Like the color of your Vette. Doing mind in torch red which looks similar.

If most of your driving is in the lower RPM range, get the Hooker Competition headers. If you do a lot of racing, get the Hooker Super Competition.

I suggest checking with Jet-Hot. They can sell you their coated Hookers for sometimes less than what Summit charges for just the base ceramic coated.

And YES, you do want coated headers. After 1-2 years the non-coated Hookers will start to get surface rust and look terrible!

Thanks Evolution 1980,
I have spoken to Jet -Hot, but not about Hookers. What have you heard about Hedman?

Thanks Evolution 1980,
I have spoken to Jet -Hot, but not about Hookers. What have you heard about Hedman?
All I've heard about Hedman has been an "in passing" type of thing.
If I recall...their quality isn't what they used to be and I think I initially had Hedman headers for my ZZ4 and they didn't quite fit and the overall fit & finish wasn't that great.

Thanks Evolution 1980,
I have Headman Headers installed with no problems so far. I wish I would of had them coated though.

Thanks Evolution 1980,

I have Hedman. Ordered them from new Jet-Hot. Had them coated with Extreme Sterling since I would be breaking in a new motor with them. The Extreme coating can withstand higher temperatures. It's not as shiny as their standard coating but will last longer. They also fit great. One other modification i did was to purchase a transmission crossmember from Bow-Tie Overdrives to get rid of the exhaust pass-thru. Now I have a straight shot to the rear of the car.

Thanks Chris,
I probably will go with Hedman. What did use for the rest of the exhaust?

Thanks Chris,
I probably will go with Hedman. What did use for the rest of the exhaust?

I used a Stainless kit from Mid-America for 74-79 models. I wanted to go with the true duals. For mufflers, I went with Flowmasters.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom