Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! "89 fuel pump/sender removal

LORR1943

Corvette
1987 BRIGHT RED CONVERTABLE,RED & BLACK INTERIOR,
I read somewhere that the sender/pump could be removed through the fuel filler door. Is that correct? My shop manual says pull tank. This is a vert.
Thanks!

I read somewhere that the sender/pump could be removed through the fuel filler door. Is that correct?
Remove the fuel filler door and the rubber boot around the filler.Disconnect hoses to unit .The pump / sender assembly is held into top of tank with 10? bolts.
Undo these and lift unit straight out.Buy a new gasket

Thanks ever so much! I was hoping that's what i could do.

Awesome write-up. Another thanks to you!

I read somewhere that the sender/pump could be removed through the fuel filler door. Is that correct? My shop manual says pull tank. This is a vert.
Thanks!

Is this a Factory Shop manual or an aftermarket one?

just changed my fuel pump the other day. Took about 30 mins. Make sure you change the strainer too.

Got new one coming with gasket and filler(rubber). Thanks!

I just got mine from napa. Don't forget the strainer. It does not come with the pump and is a must to change.

Thanks to you all! Just finished putting it all back, everything works great. Gauge now reads correctly and moves. with the new filler it looks good too!

Thanks to you all! Just finished putting it all back, everything works great. Gauge now reads correctly and moves. with the new filler it looks good too!

So what was the answer? Surely the filter had no effect on the gauge.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom