Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 C7 Corvette Reveal Live Video Stream

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zsQGcD0TJvw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Please note: this page will remain private until 15 minutes prior to the show on January 13, 2013(6:45pm EST).

This post is a place holder and will automatically stream the live video once GM starts streaming Sunday night.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Elaine

Imho

I cannot believe that with all the innovations mechanically, interior and carbon fiber that the designers built an ugly Corvette. Quarter windows? tail lights? headlamps? roof line? Maybe it's just me and my SR Citizen mental status. At the end of the day, I just saved a bundle 'cause I'm not going to order a C7 and will keep my beautiful C5 vert.

:thanks:, like all :_rock but tail lites. :BDH

A bold design, so gorgeous, especially from the front and sides. The rear will take some getting used to, but all good design looks a bit jarring to the senses when it is fresh? Elegant in the front and a bit heavy in the backend. The mini sail panels and the tails lights evoke the Camaro. Overall, the whole package is worthy of the Stingray name! :beer

What do you think of the rev match? Is that welcomed or an impeachment of the perceived (lack) of driving skill?

Last edited:
What do you think of the rev match? Is that welcomed or an impeachment of the perceived (lack) of driving skill?

I am such an old schooler I have to say I am not for it.... I really don't want a car thinking much on its own. But, I'm also not driving anything newer (except my ZX6R) than my 90 so.... you have to take my opinion with a grain of salt. Personally, I could do without this addition.

It's darn sure a break from the C6. I want to see one "in the flesh" to gather it all in. I'm kind of liking the rear fascia.....yes Camaroish taillights, and the profile reminds me of Ferrari. Still haven't got a good look at the interior, but what I saw was nice.

Overall, I like it...a lot.

Well…I was in a room with three other people, watching the C7 reveal on a big plasma connected to my MacBook which was streaming it live.

I didn't say jack s&%t. I just watched the TV and listened to those watching with me, one of whom is a Corvette owner and two others who are familar with the car. The first, gut reaction by all three was that the car "….looks like a Camaro".

That's, NOT GOOD. Ed Welburn....are you listening?

The other issue that really drew a strong reaction was GM's using the "Stingray" name. They all liked that idea a lot!

Ok. Got that out of the way. Now, what do I think? Well...I've said previously here on the CAC that the rear quarter windows and the rectangular tail lights are both mistakes.

But, I'm totally behind how the rest of the car looks. Front, front 3/4ths, side (except those Nissan Z windows) 3/4-ths rear and rear (except the Camaro-esque tail lamps) are really cool.:thumb

I especially like the hood vent, now that I know they're functional--the rear quarter vents and the four exhausts all in a row.

Not sure about the interior until I sit in one and drive it, but I'd sure like to know if the new "track" seat fits in a C6.

The seven speed manual transmission sounds interesting. Wish they'd have said more about it. I'm sure there's tons of info in the official press kit, but they don't pass that stuff out to the C-list press folks like me.

Lastly, I thought the production of the reveal was pretty cool. First time I've ever seen Juechter in a coat and tie.

Let's hope people line up to order Corvette Stingrays.

Last edited:
I cannot believe that with all the innovations mechanically, interior and carbon fiber that the designers built an ugly Corvette. Quarter windows? tail lights? headlamps? roof line? Maybe it's just me and my SR Citizen mental status. At the end of the day, I just saved a bundle 'cause I'm not going to order a C7 and will keep my beautiful C5
vert.

My sentiments exactly!
Not my cup of tea at all!
Andy :w

Well…I was in a room with three other people, watching the C7 reveal on a big plasma connected to my MacBook which was streaming it live.

I didn't say jack s&%t. I just watched the TV and listened to those watching with me, one of whom is a Corvette owner and two others who are familar with the car. The first, gut reaction by all three was that the car "….looks like a Camaro".

That's, NOT GOOD. Ed Welburn, Tom Peters....are you guys listening?

Exactly.....a 2 seat Camaro!
Andy :w

I remember being stunned by the C2 when I was but a young lad......the C3 not so much just because I loved the Stingrays so much......the C4 I hated...the C5 I was ok with but not wild.....the C6 I loved the minute I saw it and wanted one.......the C7.....the C7.....I haven't decided until I can sit in one and mess with the shifter.....I do know as time went by I owned each of those Generations and loved each one of them so I'm thinking the same will be true of the C7.....sorry but I didn't like the black wheels.....I'm a chrome dinasour....:D

I disliked almost all of the pre-reveal renderings, but most of them looked a lot better than this car. Yuk...

Use of the Stingray name on this car is a travesty. The design of the original Corvette Stingray was inspired by an exotic, beautiful sea creature. The design of this car was inspired by the Camaro and several other cars. The front and rear are both ugly and, overall, it's way too busy. Speed Racer would like this car. He's welcome to it...

And Huskerman, you're absolutely right: black wheels are nasty. They're the only thing I dislike on my C4 GS.

Last edited:
I remember being stunned by the C2 when I was but a young lad......the C3 not so much just because I loved the Stingrays so much......the C4 I hated...the C5 I was ok with but not wild.....the C6 I loved the minute I saw it and wanted one.......the C7.....the C7.....I haven't decided until I can sit in one and mess with the shifter.....I do know as time went by I owned each of those Generations and loved each one of them so I'm thinking the same will be true of the C7.....sorry but I didn't like the black wheels.....I'm a chrome dinasour....:D

I think what they are hoping with the code word "international" is that it attracts a younger demographic here and brings would be Ferrari, Porsche, and other exotic buyers overseas without totally estranging their core legacy audience. The early reaction seems to bear that out. We shall see if it translates into sales.

That car is absolutely gorgeous. I love the syling, maybe it was the color and wheel combo but man
I love it. Square tail lights and all. To me it is all corvette. Not even close to a Camaro. I can't wait
to see one in real life. Great job GM, maybe my tax dollars didn't go to waste after all.

That car is absolutely gorgeous. I love the syling, maybe it was the color and wheel combo but man
I love it. Square tail lights and all. To me it is all corvette. Not even close to a Camaro. I can't wait
to see one in real life. Great job GM, maybe my tax dollars didn't go to waste after all.
Pictures don't do the car justice. You have to see it in person.

Right now I'm taking care of site stuff and publicity for the CAC, and the media group is slowly dieing back. I'm going to try to head back up and take more shots, and actually sit inside if possible.

I don't think it even reminds me of Camaro, at all, like it a lot as far as you can tell from show shots.

Need some real pictures please.

:)

I hope you can turn all the nanny crap off and drive it.

My first impression - not really sure - technically its going to be one fast car to drive.

I guess a new engine design will be held back for the C8's.

They must of run out of design money by the time they got to the back of the car.

Then again I love the clean lines of my C5 vert.

They should sell well.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom