Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! bose speakers on left side very low

oldstyle

Corvette
2000 yellow convertible
I have a 2000 C5 . this has the bose system in it. when I adjust the speakers to the right side they sound great but when I go to the left side the volume is low and sounds like a old am radio. Could I just have a bad amp in the front speaker and that is all I need to replace?. I don't want to spend that much money on a gamble. any help would be great. The volume is low in both the left front and the left rear

The issue has to be in the BOSE signal processor or the radio itself.

The radio sends it's initial output to the signal processor. From there the processor sends the signal to the front speakers AND back to the radio. The radio then sends the signal to the rear speakers. The amp is in the front doors for those speakers and the radio provides the signal amplification for the rears.

I think it is the radio. Any local electronics shop should be able to tell you if the radio is good or not. There are plenty of shops that can fix the radio. If you need any recommendations let us know.

If you need all the radio connector pin outs for diagnostics let me know.

I can also provide step by step instructions withpictures on how to access the radio.

I'm not sure if the C5 Bose systems are like the C4's, but, on the C4's each speaker has it's own amp. The amps are well known for going bad, and needing repaired or replaced. I had all four speakers repaired on my C4 and it made a huge difference. It might be just the individual amps that are bad.

speakers

The issue has to be in the BOSE signal processor or the radio itself.

The radio sends it's initial output to the signal processor. From there the processor sends the signal to the front speakers AND back to the radio. The radio then sends the signal to the rear speakers. The amp is in the front doors for those speakers and the radio provides the signal amplification for the rears.

I think it is the radio. Any local electronics shop should be able to tell you if the radio is good or not. There are plenty of shops that can fix the radio. If you need any recommendations let us know.

If you need all the radio connector pin outs for diagnostics let me know.

I can also provide step by step instructions withpictures on how to access the radio.

Can you send me photos , also do you think it could be just the amp in the left front speaker?

I'm not sure if the C5 Bose systems are like the C4's, but, on the C4's each speaker has it's own amp. The amps are well known for going bad, and needing repaired or replaced. I had all four speakers repaired on my C4 and it made a huge difference. It might be just the individual amps that are bad.

Where you having the same problem with the low output on one side before you had them replaced. and do you think I would be better just getting a whole new system?

Where you having the same problem with the low output on one side before you had them replaced. and do you think I would be better just getting a whole new system?

I thought about just getting a speaker off EBay but I don't want to get someone elses bad speaker

Stop talking about getting a speaker. You said you have low volume in the left front and rear. Please reread my description of the system and what I think your issue is. This is not my first time at this rodeo. I want to save you money and effort.

There are no rear amps.

Here is how to access the radio. Just follow it until you can remove the surround that is around the radio and HVAC unit. If you later need info on the signal processor I can get you that. It is in the dash near the radio.

Installation of Vette Essentials' Custom Emergency Brake Handle and Boot

Note, if you have a manual you don't need t remove the shift knob. Just release the boot from the console and turn the boot so the console can slip over it leaving the boot and shift knob in place.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mr. Sam

Stop talking about getting a speaker. You said you have low volume in the left front and rear. Please reread my description of the system and what I think your issue is. This is not my first time at this rodeo. I want to save you money and effort.

There are no rear amps.

Here is how to access the radio. Just follow it until you can remove the surround that is around the radio and HVAC unit. If you later need info on the signal processor I can get you that. It is in the dash near the radio.

Installation of Vette Essentials' Custom Emergency Brake Handle and Boot

Note, if you have a manual you don't need t remove the shift knob. Just release the boot from the console and turn the boot so the console can slip over it leaving the boot and shift knob in place.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mr. Sam

Just one thing I should have mentioned there is volume coming out of both left side speakers . The problem is that there is no bass and sound like a old am radio, very tinty. Is that still not a speaker problem and just a radio problem? . Sorry for all the questions but this is my first rodeo LOL

I was having a similar problem, but it appears that the C5 Bose is different from the C4 Bose systems. I'd follow dadaroos instructions.

I was having a similar problem, but it appears that the C5 Bose is different from the C4 Bose systems. I'd follow dadaroos instructions.

Just one thing I should have mentioned there is volume coming out of both left side speakers . The problem is that there is no bass and it sounds like a old am radio, very tinty on the left side. Is that still not a speaker problem and just a radio problem? . Sorry for all the questions but this is my first rodeo LOL

Please feel free to ask as many questions as your want.

Now, the Bose amp in the doors provides the significant bass sound via the single bass speaker there. If the sound in the two rear speakers seems similar then it is the door amp/speaker. Let me know what you think about the sound.

BTW, I did make a mistake in telling you how the system works. I meant to say that after signal processing the radio feeds the high frequency speakers in the doors as well as the rear speakers.

speakers

Please feel free to ask as many questions as your want.

Now, the Bose amp in the doors provides the significant bass sound via the single bass speaker there. If the sound in the two rear speakers seems similar then it is the door amp/speaker. Let me know what you think about the sound.

BTW, I did make a mistake in telling you how the system works. I meant to say that after signal processing the radio feeds the high frequency speakers in the doors as well as the rear speakers.

I just received my new front door speaker that I bought off of EBay and installed it. Works great . The Front speaker was the problem (Bad amp). I just had a feeling that that was what the problem was. Thanks for the help
Joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom