Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Noland Adams GM Research Files

Verle

Corvette
White 57 FI, 65 Nassau Blue, 94 ZR1 Red/Red
The Noland Adams GM Research Files... are now located at ProTeam Corvette Sales in Napoleon, Ohio and are available for inspection and for sale to the highest offer. Boxes on top of boxes, files on top of files... of transparencies, slides, photos, drawings, and letters of which date back to the late 1970's/early 1980's when Noland spent months at the Chevrolet GM Tech Center.

ProTeam is assisting Noland to help organize his files by decades and prepare his research materials for sale. ProTeam has purchased a light table and overhead projector for viewing of slides and transparencies.

Tentative open house for interested parties of Noland Adams research materials: Friday andSaturday, November 13th and 14th, 2015 at 12:00 noon. Questions and/or comments, email: terry@proteamcorvette.com

If these files are sold off to individuals and split up the Corvette world will lose irreplaceable information. They should be donated to the National Corvette Museum.

What needs to happen is for Corvette enthusiasts to raise the $250,000 to pay for the files and donate them.

I wonder how much of the money goes to Nolan vs how much to ProTeam...

Mac

ps: Thanks for bringing this to the group's attention.

A quarter of a million dollars?!
WTF?

The Corvette hobby and Corvette owners have made the owner of ProTeam, Terry Michaelis, a very wealthy man.

If he had any real concern for our hobby, he'd contribute the work necessary to organize the Adams collection then donate it to the Museum.

I'm actually shocked to hear this. I'm surprised that those files did not go to the NCRS or the NCM?

A quarter of a million dollars?!
WTF?

The Corvette hobby and Corvette owners have made the owner of ProTeam, Terry Michaelis, a very wealthy man.

If he had any real concern for our hobby, he'd contribute the work necessary to organize the Adams collection then donate it to the Museum.

From what I understand about Terry Michaelis, he's mainly concerned about himself, but that's just from things I've heard about him. :eyerole I hope and trust that my information is wrong. :thumb

I wonder if he got to Noland and convinced him to sell this stuff or if Noland contacted Terry about it because of his vast contacts in the hobby. It needs to be in the care of the museum intact. It could be that Noland could not afford to donate it. I don't know anything about his financial state but health expenses may be getting the best of him.

This is worth watching. I may go down there just to see what's happening.

Tom

I wonder how much of the money goes to Nolan vs how much to ProTeam...

Mac

ps: Thanks for bringing this to the group's attention.

I assume some of it goes to ProTeam, no idea how much.
If his people are "organizing the files" I'm sure they will get paid for it.

Verle

:soapbox Hopefully, after all the sorting and organizing is completed, Mr. Michaelis will do the right thing and donate the material to the museum. It would be a grand gesture on his part and a way to give something back to the Corvette family that has done so much for him over the years.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom